Use of Kudoz for Partial Job Proz Membership
Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite

Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 09:30
English to French
Jun 14, 2009

Hello,

I am currently a free member of Proz.com . I used to be a full member last year.
I wish to subscribe to Partial Member ship: either Job or Community.

Do I have to use Kudoz or pay to quote on jobs using the Community 1 year Partial Membership?

Why are the two Partial memberships not priced the same?( one is 48 euros, the other is 70 euros)

sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:30
English to Russian
+ ...
I have Jobs Partial membership.. Jun 15, 2009

.. and I can quote on jobs, ask/answer Kudoz questions and participate in Forums as well. I am quite happy about this kind of membership.

Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 09:30
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
ABout staying as Free member Jun 15, 2009

Hello,

Can one be an efficient translator and get a lot of translations without getting a full or partial Proz membership? (just staying basic). I never tried for a long time. I 've almost always been Full-Time member.

Sincerely,

xxxwonita
China
Local time: 03:30
Partial membership Jun 15, 2009

I am a community partial member, and I have to pay $1 from my ProZ.com wallet, or 100 browniz to bid for a job. Since I seldom bid for jobs, I am fully satisfied with my partial membership.

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:30
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Much better chance Jun 15, 2009

If you are still trying to find more clients than due to organization of directories, delay in bidding on jobs for non members, the way quotes are displayed (members on top) and much better exposure of Members' profiles in Google membership fee is the best investment you can make. Especially considering value for money ratio.

Of course that is just my private opinion.

Cheers
S

xxxwonita
China
Local time: 03:30
Depends on your language pair Jun 15, 2009

Alexandre Chetrite wrote:

Hello,

Can one be an efficient translator and get a lot of translations without getting a full or partial Proz membership? (just staying basic). I never tried for a long time. I 've almost always been Full-Time member.

Sincerely,

How many translators are full- or partial-members in your language pair?
How many translators normally bid for jobs in your language pair?

For my major pair German-Chinese, there aren't so many translators who bid for jobs, 4 or 5 at the most. So I am sure that the outsourcer will at least take a look at my profile, even it is placed at the bottom of the list. But if you always have a big horde, say more than 10 translators bidding for a single job, then you, as a non-member, have no chance at all.

The same is true with your ranking, which decides how likely an outsourcer will contact you.

I believe however, English-French is a crowded pair, i.e., bad chance for non-members.

[Edited at 2009-06-15 17:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Use of Kudoz for Partial Job Proz Membership

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search