WWA not showing up on profile?
Thread poster: Richardson Lisa
Richardson Lisa  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:30
French to English
Jul 5, 2009

Hi
I sent a request for a WWA which has been received and answered - however, it isn't showing on my profile. Is there normally a delay? On my request entries it's showing that my request has been received but nothing more. I have been in contact with the outsourcer who sent me a sreenshot of the completed WWA showing on their screen. This is the first time I've used the WWA so maybe I'm missing something? Any suggestions? How frustrating to have really great feedback and not be able to put it on the profile.
thanks in advance
Lisa(phillisa)

Direct link Reply with quote

Niraja Nanjundan  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:00
German to English
Staff approval Jul 5, 2009

Hi Lisa,

I think a staff member has to have a look at it and give the final approval before it's shown on your profile. As it's Sunday today, it will probably appear on your profile by tomorrow (Monday) evening. I think that's the procedure - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,
Niraja

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:30
English to German
+ ...
Hi Lisa Jul 5, 2009

Did you check your settings for your profile page? You have the option to show or to hide your WWAs. Maybe they are just hidden.

Regards,

Nicole

Addendum:
Some translators choose not to show the WWAs on purpose because they don't want to reveal their client list.

[Edited at 2009-07-05 14:40 GMT]

Richardson Lisa  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:30
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
I guess I'll just wait Jul 5, 2009

Hi
Yes, I did check the settings so I suppose I'll wait until tomorrow and see if it magically appears:)
many thanks to both
Lisa

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:30
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Staff oversight of WWAs Jul 5, 2009

From the FAQ:

12.16 - Is there staff and/or moderator oversight?

WWA entries are vetted by site staff members before they become visible, not with the goal of ensuring their accuracy, but merely to confirm that the feature is being used for the intended purposes. Staff members are also be available, via the support system, to review and investigate questionable entries and possible abuse upon request.

Moderators are not involved in administering the WWA system.

http://www.proz.com/faq/2548#2548

[Edited at 2009-07-05 22:19 GMT]

Wai-Yin
Canada
Local time: 04:30
French to Chinese
+ ...
same problem here Jul 15, 2009

I have the same problem. I requested several WWAs to my outsource but some of them have never received it and some of them entered but I can't view it on my profile.

Why is that?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WWA not showing up on profile?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search