How can I show in my profile that I accept PayPal?
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 19:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2009

If I want to state in my Proz profile that I accept PayPal, should I enter my PayPal account ID? Is it safe to enter that data? Is there another way to do it?

[Editado a las 2009-07-25 00:36 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

steve_park  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 07:21
English to Korean
a couple of ways, but... Jul 25, 2009

Go to Profile - Profile Updater - Financial. You can enter your PayPal email address there, also specify who can the access information. For me, only outsourcers can see the PayPal email address. However, even if they can see it there, they still ask me later So, If you don't want to expose your email address at all, I think you can just write down on your profile, like "I accept PayPal". Hope this helps.

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 19:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Steve Jul 25, 2009

Thank you for your assistance.

xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
I vote for that second option Jul 25, 2009

steve_park wrote:

So, If you don't want to expose your email address at all, I think you can just write down on your profile, like "I accept PayPal". Hope this helps.

I started to get spam (in reply to a Good Shopper forum posting) at an email address which I use for Paypal but which isn't otherwise visible on my ProZ profile page. A staff member explained that the only place it appeared was for the Paypal option. So now I simply indicate that I accept payment through PayPal without giving the address.

L

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I show in my profile that I accept PayPal?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search