Thread poster: Maha Ararat

Maha Ararat  Identity Verified
Qatar
Local time: 21:46
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 28, 2009

Hi all
Eight hours ago I deleted my profile logo and photo and wanted to put new ones. I browse and choose the image then press to update and save but I get a failure message telling me that something went wrong. I have tried several times. Any idea what to do?
Thank you and have a pleasant day
Maha

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Working on fixing the problem Jul 28, 2009

Hi Maha,

Thanks for reporting this. One of our developers is working on fixing this.

I'll let you know when things are returned to normal.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

Qatar
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 28, 2009

Thank you, Lucia

I hope it will be sorted out soon.

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Profile images upload tool fixed Jul 28, 2009

Hi Maha,

The profile images upload tool should be working properly now.

Just try to upload your photo and logo again and let me know how it goes. Remember that photo and logo files must be in .jpg, .gif, .png format, and no larger than 200x320 pixels and that it may take several minutes for your new images to be publicly visible.

If you still notice issues, please use a support request to notify staff of them. Thanks.

Regards,

Lucia

Fran Cesca
Italy
Local time: 19:46
English to Italian
+ ...
OK Jul 28, 2009

I had the same problem and now it worksicon_smile.gif

Qatar
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes...It is working now...Thank you Jul 28, 2009

I already uploaded my new logo... Thanks a lot

Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Did Proz.com change profile layouts? Jul 28, 2009

My profile looks "pale" (the background is not that yellowish any more) and I'm missing the user message part from my profile. I hope you will give the user message option back, otherwise all profiles will look the same.

Meanwhile I can see some positive changes that you added the instruction option "More" to the Expertise and Portfolio sections. Congratulation to that.icon_wink.gif

Best regards,
Katalin

[Edited at 2009-07-28 21:19 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
User message restored Jul 29, 2009

Hi all,

Katalin wrote:

My profile looks "pale" (the background is not that yellowish any more) and I'm missing the user message part from my profile. I hope you will give the user message option back, otherwise all profiles will look the same.

Some improvements were made to profiles, including color. This is why your profile looks different now.

As regards the absence of the User message, thanks for bringing this into my attention. Now it has been restored and it should be showing in profiles again.

Regards,

Lucia

Mark Thompson  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:46
Portuguese to English
Hello ProZ I'm over here with a photo problem! Jul 30, 2009

Have had the same problem trying to upload photo since 24th July. Sent a support ticket on Monday 26th - Have heard nothing from ProZ and have a profile with no photo - very bad for business!!!

Anyone at home?

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
No records of support request submitted Jul 30, 2009

Hello Mark,

Mark Thompson wrote:

Have had the same problem trying to upload photo since 24th July. Sent a support ticket on Monday 26th - Have heard nothing from ProZ and have a profile with no photo - very bad for business!!!

Anyone at home?

I am afraid there is no support request on record from you regarding this issue. Could you please then submit a support request here and attach a copy of your photo so that I see if it can be uploaded?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lucia

Brazil
Portuguese to English
Sending again Jul 30, 2009

Thanks Lucia, will send support request.

Brazil
Portuguese to English
Think I've managed to upload my old photo now Jul 30, 2009

Lucia,

My old photo is back on the profile - don't know why the new one wouldn't go - anyway, I'll stick with it for now.
Thanks for your attention,

Mark

Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thanks, Lucia Jul 30, 2009

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hi all,

Katalin wrote:

Some improvements were made to profiles, including color. This is why your profile looks different now.

As regards the absence of the User message, thanks for bringing this into my attention. Now it has been restored and it should be showing in profiles again.

Regards,

Lucia

Hi Lucia,

Thank you for the reply. The new layout looks really nice (although I liked the yellowish color a little bit better). I can see that the user message is back. Thanks.icon_smile.gif
One more question:
Profile font size is smaller when I'm checking a profile and I'm not logged in.
Is that on purpose?

Regards,
Katalin

[Edited at 2009-07-30 19:08 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Profile font size options Aug 4, 2009

Creativity wrote:

Profile font size is smaller when I'm checking a profile and I'm not logged in.
Is that on purpose?

There are 3 (three) profile font size options: 1, 2 and 3. When you select a font size for your profile, this is the size in which logged-in visitors will see your profile information. However, the default view for non-logged in visitors is of 1 (the smallest size), regardless of the font size selected by the profile owner.

Hope this explains.

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem uploading photo and logo

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search