ProZ sometimes forgets some information entered on my profile
Thread poster: Michael Mestre

Michael Mestre
France
Local time: 22:13
English to French
+ ...
Aug 3, 2009

A few days ago, I noticed that ProZ had 'forgotten' that my real name had to be used on the site (and on my profile), rather than my user name.
I corrected it, and -surprise- today I noticed that :
1) My forum posts are not displayed on my profile anymore (I have to admit that I used this feature myself to follow the threads I had posted in). I couldn't find a way to make this come back.
2) ProZ had 'forgotten' my keywords and profile title, making my profile appear as Incomplete. I entered them again.

I suspect that these issues are due to updates in the way that ProZ stores the information contained in the profiles. Has this happened to other people recently ?

Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:13
Member (2006)
English to French
No Aug 3, 2009

Has this happened to other people recently ?

No.
You might get a clear answer by sending a support ticket(?)

Stéphanie

Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:13
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
something similar Aug 3, 2009

Something similar happened to me a few months ago. My credentials disappeared from my profile. I noticed by accident, I don't know how long they had been "missing".
However, Romina (amazing and really helpful and knowledgeable staff member) solved the problem immediately when I submitted a support request.

Maria

Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:13
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Also Aug 3, 2009

I answered some Kudoz questions, got the points but they were never added to my profile. There's a thread about this:

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_directory/141508-bizarre_ranking_in_the_translator_directory.html

so you're not the only one that has problems with Proz's forgetting some information.

RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for reporting this. Aug 3, 2009

Hi all,

As you all may know, site staff is reinforcing security throughout the site. Some of the problems are probably related to this.

Thanks for directing Michael to support, http://www.proz.com/support . His support request has been already acknowledged and will be looked into as soon as possible.

Thanks
Romina

P.S: Thank you, Maria. It is always a pleasure to be of help.

RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problem should be solved now. Aug 3, 2009

Hi all,

Thanks again Michael for reporting this via support request and helping staff get this resolved. If anyone else notices problems, please don't hesitate to report them.

Best regards,

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ sometimes forgets some information entered on my profile

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search