How do I add certificates to a customised tab on my profile?
Thread poster: David Twell

David Twell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:43
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2009

Hello,

During the excellent conference I was interested to see that someone had added images of their qualifications/certificates to a customised tab on their profile. Does anyone know how images like these can be inserted into this tab please?

Thanks very much,

David

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 03:43
SITE STAFF
Adding images to customized tabs Oct 1, 2009

Hello David,

It's pretty easy. Once you have the tab(s) and the image(s), you need to upload or host them somewhere. If you have a hosting account, you can upload them there; there are also free sites out there where you can create an account and upload files for storage.

Once you have the images on the Internet somewhere, you'll have a URL for them, and you just need to add the [IMG] tags to the URL (the [IMG] tag at the end should have a "/" before the "IMG" inside the brackets), and paste that into your tab. Also, be sure you give a name to your customized tab(s) which tells visitors without looking what they will find there.

If you have trouble with any of this, just use a support request to get help from the support team on this-- be sure to attach the image(s) you are working with to your request.

Best regards,

Jared

David Twell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:43
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jared Oct 2, 2009

Thanks very much, Jared. I now understand how to do it and will give it a go soon.

David

Andreas Nieckele  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
Customized tab? Oct 2, 2009

Well wait a second, I was about to submit a support request when I realized that more people could benefit from this.

I didn't quite understand how do you add a custom tab to your profile. Jared, what exactly do you mean when you say "Once you have the tab(s)"? How do I get a tab? After that, uploading and inserting the images should be no problem.

Thanks

Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Adding a custom tab to your profile Oct 2, 2009

Hi Andreas,

Good question-- I should have started from there. To add a custom tab to your profile, all you need to do is go to the "Settings" tab of your profile. There you'll see the "Custom tabs" option. Just click there, add a title for your tab(s), and you can add content then and there, or after you have created the tab (after your tab is created, when you visit it you'll have the option there to edit). Members may add up to 3 custom content tabs, and non-members may add 1 custom content tab.

Jared

VoiceTex
Germany
Local time: 07:43
English to German
+ ...
Changing tab names possible? Oct 2, 2009

Hi Jared,

Is there a possibility of changing the name of the standard About Me tab in my profile to something like my name or the like?
Or do I have to add a new tab?

Thanks in advance,

Christina

Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Editing tab names is possible Oct 2, 2009

Hello Christina,

You can edit a custom tab name any time you want, by going back in to the "Settings" tab, "Custom tabs" and clicking on the edit icon next to the tab name you want to change.

Note that the "About me" section of your profile is not a separate tab (you could make a tab dedicated to "about me"-related material, of course). While the content is customizable, the name of the "About me" section is not.

Best regards,

Jared

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:43
French to English
+ ...
Example of code Oct 2, 2009

Could you give us an example of the code to use? I can't get it to work, I have a file on my website already that I could point to, but I'm having a devil of a time getting it to show. I tried to submit a support ticket, but it wouldn't allow me to upload my file. It is just a jpg of a university diploma...

RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Example of the code to use Oct 3, 2009

Hi Daniel.

An image in the following format < img src="http://www.proz.com/file_resources/other/name of the file .jpg" > should work in the custom tabs of your ProZ.com profile.

Please note that I am leaving extra spaces for you to see the code, but there should be no spaces except for the one between "img" and "src".

Please let me know if this works.

Regards,

Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I add certificates to a customised tab on my profile?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search