Claudio Nasso  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:25
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 10, 2003

Dear TechZ,

is it possible to set up (or does it exist) a sort of archive of sent e-mail messages through Proz.com profiles accessible only to sender?

I mean, can we access to an archive of messages sent using the option "Send an e-mail message to this Proz member"? Something like in and out messages archives existing in Eudora, Outlook, etc.?

Thank you

Claudio

[Edited at 2003-10-10 08:38]

Direct link Reply with quote

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:25
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
An improvised measure Oct 10, 2003

An interesting idea. I guess one way of doing some parts of that at the moment, would be to tick the "send a copy of the message to your self" box (before sending), and archive the received message in a local folder in Outlook Express on one's own computer, etc. If such messages had the name of the receiver somewhere in them, they would show up in an Outlook Express search of the folder (using the name 'in message' as a search term).
Only a temporary (improvised) measure perhaps
Best wishes
Giuli

[Edited at 2003-10-10 09:29]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Exactly Oct 10, 2003

Hi Giuli,
That's exactly the way I handle it - so far, I didn't see it as improvisation...

Cheers, Ralf

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Same here Oct 10, 2003

Hi Claudio,

I also and always use the *send a copy to yourself* option, whether I only want to keep a trace of my original message - you never know - or have/wish to forward those messages to fellow moderators.

Giuliana

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:25
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Permanent log of messages Oct 10, 2003

I believe that Claudio intended something similar to a permanent access to all the past messages, sent or received, similar to the log of past forum postings (available from the profile) or past bids for jobs (available from the My ProZ menu).

They could be useful to retrieve old contacts or other individual uses.

Gianfranco

Claudio Nasso  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly Oct 10, 2003

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

I believe that Claudio intended something similar to a permanent access to all the past messages, sent or received, similar to the log of past forum postings (available from the profile) or past bids for jobs (available from the My ProZ menu).

They could be useful to retrieve old contacts or other individual uses.

Gianfranco

This is, in other words, what I really meant. Thank you Gianfranco.

Claudio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A simple question - E-mail messages archive

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search