Problem with TMs and Terms in Connect (part of "my files)
Thread poster: Stanislaw Czech, MCIL

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:07
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 2, 2010

I would like to try this feature but I cannot find anywhere any help, faq or any other explanation how it should be used - for instance I have just uploaded 40 MB TM what took ages only to be informed that it has wrong format but where can I check what formats are served?

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Edit to add: So far I tried sdltm and tmx.

If someone cannot find this option it is under menu "My Proz" > "My Files"

[Edited at 2010-01-02 23:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-01-02 23:18 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Try uploading a smaller file Jan 3, 2010

Hello Stanislaw,

You should be able to upload files to the My files section in the most known formats. However, note that the maximum file size allowed is 5 MB (or 10 MB for TMs and terms files).

I suggest you try uploading a smaller file and submit a support request if you still receive an error message, attaching a copy of your file and specifying the error message received so that support staff can look into this further.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Lucia

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:07
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Lucia for clarification Jan 3, 2010

It seems strange though that I see for both TM and TB information "Maximum file size: 61 MB" maybe it's just bug? However information about an error said that the problem is with type of the file not it's size. I guess submitting a support ticket will be the best solution.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
You're welcome, Stanislaw Jan 3, 2010

You should be able to upload .doc, .pdf, .ttx, .rtf, .txt, .odt, .docx, .odg, .xls, .csv, .tmw, .zip, .iix, .mdf, .mtf, .ods, .xml, .itd, .log, .wps files with texts to be translated, reference texts, conracts, TMs, glossaries, invoices, CVs and other job-related documents.

As for the message you mention, I am afraid I was unable to find it. So, would you mind attaching a screenshot of such message to your support request? In the meantime, I will check with developers to make sure that the 5 MB limit still applies (10 MB for TMs and terms files, 20Mb for Corporate Members).

Many thanks in advance.

Have a great Sunday!

Kind regards,

Lucia

FarkasAndras
Local time: 11:07
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I don't get it Jan 3, 2010

What's the point of this service?
Can you search the uploaded TMs via proz, without downloading them again?
If not, what on earth is the point of limiting extensions? (Side note: people should just zip everything anyway if the files can't be searched online. Reduces upload/download times and saves space.)

On top of all that, 5 MB? Really? Why bother creating the service with such a limit?

[Edited at 2010-01-03 23:01 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
File size and storage space limits Jan 4, 2010

Hello Farkas,

Thanks for your suggestion. Please note that uploading files to the "My files" section allows you to keep all your files in one place for long periods of time and download them at any time.

To be clear, there is a file size limit for each upload and a storage space limit for all files. As explained in my previous reply, the file size limit is 5 MB (10 MB for TMs and terms files, 20 MB for Corporate Members) and the storage space limit is 60 MB for Professional members and 100 MB for Corporate members.

You will find more information about "My files" here.

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with TMs and Terms in Connect (part of "my files)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search