Translation news links failing: "too many redirects" (Staff: fixed)
Thread poster: Grayson Morr (X)
Grayson Morr (X)
Grayson Morr (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:35
Dutch to English
Feb 6, 2010

For the past two days, whenever I've clicked on a link to read the new translation news items, Safari tells me it can't open the page because there are too many redirects. For example:

Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.proz.com/translation-news/?p=1471”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

Is it just me, or is it something on the ProZ side?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-02-06 12:10 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-02-06 13:11 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Passed to internal development Feb 6, 2010

Hello Grayson,

Thanks for reporting this. Let me refer this to internal development to have it checked.

I appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Fixed Feb 6, 2010

Hi again, Grayson. Developers have fixed this issue and you should be able to access translation news items now. Could you please give it a try and let me know if it works ok for you too now?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lucia

Grayson Morr (X)
Grayson Morr (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:35
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect! Feb 6, 2010

It's working as it should! Many thanks for the quick response, Lucia.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation news links failing: "too many redirects" (Staff: fixed)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »