https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/1603-how_do_i_get_credentials_verified.html

How do I get credentials verified?
Thread poster: Sonya Gerisch
Sonya Gerisch
Sonya Gerisch  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:56
German to English
Mar 5, 2002

Hello fellow pros,

I have tried several times to find out how I can get my credentials verified. The reason being of course that when your line is listed on a search, the star is smaller if the credentials are not verified and it gives the impression that somehow you are not as \"good.\"

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Sonya

P.S. As a follow-up question: how can I do a search of the forums?
... See more
Hello fellow pros,

I have tried several times to find out how I can get my credentials verified. The reason being of course that when your line is listed on a search, the star is smaller if the credentials are not verified and it gives the impression that somehow you are not as \"good.\"

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Sonya

P.S. As a follow-up question: how can I do a search of the forums? This might avoid posting future questions unneccesarily. I went to FAQ where it is indicated that there is a search option on most pages, but either I don\'t see it or I don\'t have it.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-05 16:04 ]
Collapse

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 09:56
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
apply to Henry the Prez with a copy of your Degree Mar 5, 2002

To verify your credentials with ProZ - i believe that\'s what you are looking for - you might contact Henry Dotterer, our President and fax a copy of your Degree to him.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
German to English
+ ...
Send a copy of your certificate(s) to Henry Mar 5, 2002

You can send it to him by fax:

fax: (240)-465-0660

Post edited by Marta as information provided was not accurate.

German to English
+ ...
Searching the forums Mar 5, 2002

No, there is no such feature. Some of the features described under FAQ are \"generic\" features that could, in theory, be enabled.

The forum, as I understand it, is provided by another company: they provide the software used for running the forum, customized to the special requirements of their customers (in this case, ProZ).

I have seen these forums on a number of sites by now (there is actually an improved - much, much, much better - version of this fo
... See more
No, there is no such feature. Some of the features described under FAQ are \"generic\" features that could, in theory, be enabled.

The forum, as I understand it, is provided by another company: they provide the software used for running the forum, customized to the special requirements of their customers (in this case, ProZ).

I have seen these forums on a number of sites by now (there is actually an improved - much, much, much better - version of this forum software with even more sophisticated features). I hope ProZ decides to upgrade soon.
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:56
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Per email Mar 5, 2002

Hi,

I asked the same question a couple of months ago and Henry wrote back to me saying I could send a copy of my credentials to his email address. I did so after having scanned them. Until now, they don\'t look confirmed, but I knew it would take longer.... never mind... it took me years of hard work to deserve them.......so some more waiting is not a problem.

Giuliana
[addsig]

German to English
+ ...
Waiting period Mar 5, 2002

Don\'t worry: confirming the credentials sent to Henry by fax or e-mail may take several weeks (he receives truckloads of these), but they WILL be confirmed.

Sonya Gerisch
Sonya Gerisch  Identity Verified
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone for your answers Mar 5, 2002

I will fax in a copy of the credentials.

I appreciate all your answers.
[addsig]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Please check FAQs... May 5, 2002

Please check FAQs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get credentials verified?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »