Don't send "Platinum-only" job notifications to non-Platinum members
Thread poster: tuanis
tuanis  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 30, 2003

It would be a welcome courtesy to non-platinum members if "platinum members only"
jobs are flagged as such in our mailbox so we don't have to waste time opening a message that does not pertain to us in the first place.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:21
English to German
+ ...
Checking... Dec 1, 2003

Thanks for forwarding the notification - I have asked ProZ.com staff to check it.

Best regards, Ralf

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not as simple as I thought Dec 4, 2003

Hi again,
This is not as clear-cut as I would have thought - apparently, there are numerous non-Platinum members who prefer to see these notifications even though they cannot access the related jobs (or only at a later point).

This means that the site needs to implement a setting where you have a choice - obviously, there's new programming and testing involved, so it may take a bit of time.

Best regards, Ralf

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Solution (at least for the time being) Dec 5, 2003

Hi once again.
I believe the ProZ.com team have found a solution that is easy to implement.

For the time being, platinum-only job notifications will be sent to everyone, but the notification will indicate if the job is platinum-only and, if so, when that restriction will expire.

Let's see if that solves the issue.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Don't send "Platinum-only" job notifications to non-Platinum members

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search