https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/163825-is_there_a_limit_in_the_number_of_language_pairs_that_can_be_reported_in_profiles.html

Is there a limit in the number of language pairs that can be reported in profiles?
Thread poster: British Diana
British Diana
British Diana
Germany
Local time: 00:10
German to English
+ ...
Apr 28, 2010

I'm sure someone - colleagues, moderators or Site Staff - can help me here.

If I want to see what KudoZ questions have appeared recently I go to "Search the latest questions" and here there is the setting "My languages". As I occasionally translate from GE to EN and vice versa I have entered EN-GE and GE-EN . Then I added EN-EN because I was interested in that, too. But my attempt some time later to add a fourth pair GE-GE was thwarted.

For some reason the system on
... See more
I'm sure someone - colleagues, moderators or Site Staff - can help me here.

If I want to see what KudoZ questions have appeared recently I go to "Search the latest questions" and here there is the setting "My languages". As I occasionally translate from GE to EN and vice versa I have entered EN-GE and GE-EN . Then I added EN-EN because I was interested in that, too. But my attempt some time later to add a fourth pair GE-GE was thwarted.

For some reason the system only allows me the original three pairs I chose. This means that every time I look at the latest KudoZ questions I have to make a separate search for GE-GE which is a bit annoying.

My question is the following:
Is there a limit on how many pairs can be entered or have I just not done it properly? I must add that I am not a fully paid-up ProZ member and if I am actually only entitled to three pairs here, I accept that, I would just like to know. Possibly I have just being going about it in the wrong way, so I would appreciate some help!

Diana

P.S. At one time I arranged things so that I was alerted to all new questions in my three pairs as soon as they were posted, but I gave that up after a couple of days, it was much too distracting and blocked my email inbox. That's why I go to the site when I want to see the latest terms.
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
There is no language pairs limit in profiles Apr 28, 2010

Hello Diana,

There is no limit in the number of language pairs you can report in your profile. In fact, I was able to add "German (monolingual)" or "German to German" language pair to your profile for you now (please let me know if you want me to remove it).

In the future, to add a new language pair, simp
... See more
Hello Diana,

There is no limit in the number of language pairs you can report in your profile. In fact, I was able to add "German (monolingual)" or "German to German" language pair to your profile for you now (please let me know if you want me to remove it).

In the future, to add a new language pair, simply go to the "Languages" section of your Profile updater and select a source and a target language from the "Add new language pair" drop-down menus. Select one or more services you offer in the new language pair being added and click on "Save and update profile" at the bottom of the page.

Also, remember that if you do not work in a given language pair but you are still interested in the activity such pair generates, including KudoZ, you may report language pairs of interest. To do so, just enter a new language pair from the "Languages" section of your Profile updater as you would normally do (following the steps described here). Once the language pair has been reported, click on "Edit" next to the pair just added and you will be given 2 options: 1) I work in this pair, show it in my profile and 2) I only have an interest in this pair, do not show it in my profile. Select this last option and finally click on 'Save and update profile' at the bottom of the page to save the changes applied.

If you want to turn a working language pair into a pair of interest, just go to the "Languages" section of your Profile updater and click on "Edit" next to the language pair you want to change You will be given 2 options: 1) I work in this pair, show it in my profile and 2) I only have an interest in this pair, do not show it in my profile. Select this last option and finally click on 'Save and update profile' at the bottom of the page to save the changes applied.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

British Diana
British Diana
Germany
Local time: 00:10
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful help from Lucia! Competent, comprehensive and speedy! Apr 29, 2010

Thanks a milion, Lucia, for not only explaining what was going on but for actually rectifying it for me immediately, including changing the forum to post on and altering my profile for me.

I hadn't realised that the settings for KudoZ refer to one's profile settings, which is why I originally wanted to post my query on the KudoZ forum.

Your assistance was really great and much appreciated!
Perhaps this post will be of help for any others who have difficulty with s
... See more
Thanks a milion, Lucia, for not only explaining what was going on but for actually rectifying it for me immediately, including changing the forum to post on and altering my profile for me.

I hadn't realised that the settings for KudoZ refer to one's profile settings, which is why I originally wanted to post my query on the KudoZ forum.

Your assistance was really great and much appreciated!
Perhaps this post will be of help for any others who have difficulty with such technicalities.

[Edited at 2010-04-29 06:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-04-29 06:06 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a limit in the number of language pairs that can be reported in profiles?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »