https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/176978-change_a_submitted_quote.html

change a submitted quote
Thread poster: Margreet Mohle
Margreet Mohle
Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:49
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 3, 2010

Hi,

Yes, I know, I should have reread it twice instead of once before hitting the send button, but I didn't, so:

What is the best way to change/edit a submitted quote. Do I quote again? Can I amend the quote I first sent in? Or do I just consider this a learning experience and keep looking for other jobs?

Thanks for your help,

Margreet

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:49
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can add a note to your quote Aug 3, 2010

Hello Margreet,

Please note that it is not possible to edit a quote after submitting it, but it is possible to add a note to it, to clarify any possible corrections or add relevant information.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Alejandro

Margreet Mohle
Margreet Mohle  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:49
Member (2010)
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 3, 2010

Thanks Alejandro,

I had seen I could add a note to quotes in my list, but was not sure if that was just for my benefit or also for the person I quoted to. Thanks for clarifying.

I'll try it and hope for the best.

Margreet

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

change a submitted quote

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »