Translator Group Buying list: is it possible to be moved into the current list for a Group buy?
Thread poster: kat1980
kat1980
Local time: 22:04
German to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2010

Hi there,
Firstly I apologise if this is the wrong designation for this mail.
I would like to address anyone who has influence re the organisation of the group buying lists in the Proz Store:
I have been on the next group buying list for a couple of
weeks. However, I have just noticed that the current group
buying list have been waiting for almost the same amount of
time for the last few people to complete their payments. I
would like to ask if it is possible that I could be bumped
up into the current list? I am prepared to make my payment
immediately. Thanks very much for your time and
condsideration:)

Kathryn Reynolds

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-09-01 16:57 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:04
SITE STAFF
Group buy full and closed-- options for the next one Sep 1, 2010

Hi Kathryn,

Unfortunately, it looks like the waiting list you are on is for a TGB that was full and has been closed (some on the waiting list were moved up into that TGB, in order of arrival, but this particular waiting list was a long one). Sorry.

When you are on a waiting list like this, you will be among the first to be notified of the next TGB of that type, to allow you to get in on the next one.

There will be another TGB of this type soon, held in conjunction with the upcoming virtual conference, http://www.proz.com/translation3 , which should be released either before or during the conference itself. As you were on the waiting list, you should receive notification as soon as it is made available.

Best regards,

Jared

kat1980
Local time: 22:04
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 2, 2010

Thanks very much for the info Jared,
Kathryn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator Group Buying list: is it possible to be moved into the current list for a Group buy?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search