Need authorization key for hosting services
Thread poster: Amy Taylor

Amy Taylor  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:21
Member (2002)
Italian to English
Feb 11, 2004

Added explanation: I registered a domain name and paid for it through the Kagi service. Kagi sent me a receipt. I waited for the auth. key from customer support, but it never came, and I was thus unable to proceed. The hosting page says the setup can be completed in five minutes.

I have read other threads in this forum indicating that customer service sometimes has a delay in providing the authorization key required to begin building a website hosted through Proz.com. The hosting page implies that things should happen fairly quickly...

I have submitted a Support Request and left a message at the phone number provided for urgent matters. How long should I expect to wait to receive the key? (Currently just under 24 hours).

Last thing: the electrician was here today and shut off power for long enough that the laptop died, closing the browser and the final page in which I am supposed to enter my authorization key. How to proceed?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Amy Taylor

[Edited at 2004-02-12 07:36]

United States
Member (2002)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Support Request Feb 12, 2004

FYI: Support personnel - the support request ticket number for this is 12304.
Thanks

United States
Member (2002)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
36 hours later, and no response from Proz Feb 12, 2004

I have just left yet another frustratred message at the number for "urgent" requests. Unavailability of this sort gives me serious reservations about receiving any support in the future. How do I go about requesting a refund and hosting elsewhere?

United States
Member (2002)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Response received from Jason Feb 12, 2004

I have now received a response from Jason, who was apologetic and professional. This was very frustrating but appears to be resolved now.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:21
English to Turkish
+ ...
Glad you have, Amy Feb 12, 2004

I have the same problem and been waiting for almost a week now. Maybe someone could take care of this one, too. Support ticket number 12326. Thanksicon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2004-02-12 23:11]

United States
Member (2002)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yikes! Feb 12, 2004

Xola wrote:

I have the same problem and been waiting for almost a week now. Maybe someone could take care of this one, too. Support ticket number 12326. Thanksicon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2004-02-12 23:11]

Now I feel terrible for complaining about a few days! I hope you get your key quickly!

Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
No, I feel terrible Feb 12, 2004

for not complaining earliericon_lol.gif

Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thanks to Jason and the Support Team Feb 13, 2004

Code arrived in about half a day upon submitting support request.

SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:21
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem Mar 23, 2004

I have the same problem. My support request ticket number is 12733. Thank you.

United States
Member (2002)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
I'm sure Jason will sort it out for you Mar 23, 2004

Sandra wrote:

I have the same problem. My support request ticket number is 12733. Thank you.

It turned out that in my case most of the office was out of town for a conference and Jason was sick. He definitely took care of everything completely and quickly when he returned. If you have submitted a support request I don't think you'll have to wait very long.
Good luck.
Amy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need authorization key for hosting services

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search