Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Problems with ProZ.com site format in Firefox (Staff: checking)
Thread poster: Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:29
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Mar 17, 2011

I'm unable to view Proz on my laptop although it's fine on my iPod, it's hard to explain but basically the screen is filled with all the headings, none of which link to anything.
Thanks, any advice much appreciated.
Suzi

===========================================

All mysteriously returned to normal.

[Edited at 2011-03-17 10:41 GMT]

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks for confirming, Suzi Mar 17, 2011

And, please, let me know if this ever happens to you again.

Kind regards,

Lucía

Altrum
Altrum  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Me too Mar 17, 2011

Actually the same has been happening to me, although I've noticed it's only in Firefox and not in any of the other browsers.

Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:29
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Browser Mar 17, 2011

Coincidence? I'm using Firefox too and it crashed this morning.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please submit a support request Mar 17, 2011

Would you mind submitting a support request including a screenshot of what you see? This will help support staff to look into this further.

Thanks!

Lucía

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:29
English to French
+ ...
Firefox again? Mar 17, 2011

Let me guess that ProZ tech support will answer "We have not heard any report about that. This question is closed." to an issue with Firefox (and FF only) I raised a few days ago.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:29
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I see that you were able to submit discussion entries throughout March Mar 17, 2011

Dear JL01,

I see that you were requested to supply more information on the support request you submitted on February 25 on this issue. The information that was available was not enough for addressing the issue, and no other reports of a similar problem had been made.

By the way, I see that you were able to submit discussion entries throughout March. Would you mind sharing how you could do this? Were you able at some point to submit them using Firefox or did you start us
... See more
Dear JL01,

I see that you were requested to supply more information on the support request you submitted on February 25 on this issue. The information that was available was not enough for addressing the issue, and no other reports of a similar problem had been made.

By the way, I see that you were able to submit discussion entries throughout March. Would you mind sharing how you could do this? Were you able at some point to submit them using Firefox or did you start using a different browser? Your reply will help me look into this. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Madeleine Chevassus
Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:29
Member (2010)
English to French
SITE LOCALIZER
me too but with very small, unadjustable characters Mar 17, 2011

dear all,

I suffer from a Proz / Firefox problem for let's say 2 months; I already reported it to the support with screen captures.

The characters are very small, almost irreadable. The Proz parameter for font size doesn't work.

Of course I use Chrome (Proz OK) as a backup but I would like to have the Firefox/Proz problem solved because Firefox is my prefered & default browser, where I have all my bookmarks.

For your information

Ma
... See more
dear all,

I suffer from a Proz / Firefox problem for let's say 2 months; I already reported it to the support with screen captures.

The characters are very small, almost irreadable. The Proz parameter for font size doesn't work.

Of course I use Chrome (Proz OK) as a backup but I would like to have the Firefox/Proz problem solved because Firefox is my prefered & default browser, where I have all my bookmarks.

For your information

Marie
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 21:29
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Zoom on Firefox Mar 18, 2011

Dear Marie,

It sounds like the zoom for ProZ.com on Firefox has been set to be zoomed out. You can fix this by going to View menu -> Zoom -> Reset. I hope this helps! Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
Alejandro, in France we were several without access to Proz... Mar 18, 2011

... from 8:30 (AM) to 15:10 (3:10 PM) French time today, either via Firefox or IE !!

Hope it is fixed "for sure" now.

Maybe the guy who was on duty last night (in US = our French morning) fell asleep

Have a nice day
Catherine

[Edited at 2011-03-18 14:28 GMT]

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
No access again ... Mar 18, 2011

... Just after I sent the previous message, the connection with ProZ was cut again during 10 minutes for me. One of my French colleagues - living in France -, a ProZ moderator, has been with absolutely no access to ProZ since 9:00 AM, either with FF or IE.

Thank you for any help.
Catherine

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
spotty access here too Mar 18, 2011

Like Catherine, having problems connecting to Proz, it usually comes back after refreshing a few times though! No other problems with FF though.

Alessandra Martelli (X)
Alessandra Martelli (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Problem accessing ProZ.com through Firefox Mar 18, 2011

Hi Alejandro,

I am experiencing connection issues through Firefox since this morning early.
If I try to access through links included in e-mails (e.g. KudoZ notifications) I get an error message, but so far I've been able to fix this refreshing a few times.
Same access issues if I try to reach ProZ.com through bookmarks or Google search. Again, it looks like a few refreshing actions are enough to fix the problem, but I figured out it would have been safer to notify the i
... See more
Hi Alejandro,

I am experiencing connection issues through Firefox since this morning early.
If I try to access through links included in e-mails (e.g. KudoZ notifications) I get an error message, but so far I've been able to fix this refreshing a few times.
Same access issues if I try to reach ProZ.com through bookmarks or Google search. Again, it looks like a few refreshing actions are enough to fix the problem, but I figured out it would have been safer to notify the issue.

Kind regards,
Alessandra
Collapse

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Same here Mar 18, 2011

Access has been on and off today. With Firefox and IE. Imo it's not a browser-related prob.

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I too have been asked to report this issue Mar 18, 2011

by another user whose connection has been intermittently on and off all day today.

She reports it is happening with both FF and IE, and in her case, simply reports that the ProZ.com server cannot be contacted.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with ProZ.com site format in Firefox (Staff: checking)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »