How to get answers via Proz.com?
Thread poster: Ilya Tsilikov
Ilya Tsilikov
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:52
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 30, 2004

I've been looking for a long time on this site where I can get answers via Proz.com and found nothing. The support request answer was only link http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/index witch I've sure visited but haven't found an answer. Once I've found page when in my settings was answers to me via Proz.com and I tryed to change but something was wrong and I hadn't online time to understand what. After all tryings I haven't found this page again. So I hope on the forum find a clear answer how to get answers via Proz.com.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:52
English to German
+ ...
Answers to what? Mar 30, 2004

Hi Ilya,
What answers are you looking for? Can you be a bit more specific?

Thanks, Ralf

Ilya Tsilikov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can't find answers to me Apr 3, 2004

I don\'t know how to understand if my request for job were answered or not. I thought the answer will be via e-mail but once I found in my settings that answers to me set as via Proz.com. So I don\'t know how to recive the answers and can\'t found that page with such settings again to change it.

Ilya Tsilikov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
an addition Apr 3, 2004

Beeing in a hurry while online I've missed the questions - the question was about answers from agencies to me if they accept or decline me to they jobs.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
Getting there... Apr 3, 2004

...I'm sorry, I think I get what you're looking for, but I'm not 100% certain. So:

- Are you referring to jobs posted by others that you quoted on, or to jobs which you posted yourself?

- If (as I assume) this is about jobs that you quoted on, is your question how a job poster would respond to you?

Let's get that clarified, please.

Ralf

Ilya Tsilikov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
quoted on, response to me Apr 5, 2004

Yes, thank you, I ask how a job poster would response to me for job quoted on. Once I've found in my settings that such answer set as via Proz.com but that time was something wrong with it's changing (to via e-mail) and I can't find this setting again. And I don't know how to read response via Proz.com.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
My ProZ.com Apr 5, 2004

Hi again, Ilya,
Yes, thank you, I ask how a job poster would response to me for job quoted on. Once I've found in my settings that such answer set as via Proz.com but that time was something wrong with it's changing (to via e-mail) and I can't find this setting again. And I don't know how to read response via Proz.com.

I think you may be confusing something here. Job posters may specify two ways in which they want quotes to be submitted to their postings:

If a job specifies that you should quote via ProZ.com, you should submit them via the link given in the job posting. Any response by a job poster will be forwarded to the e-mail address specified in your profile (My ProZ.com - My Settings - Personal Data).

To review your quotes, go to Jobs - My Bids (I'll ask ProZ.com to rename this "My Quotes"...).

If the job poster prefers to receive quotes by e-mail, then you should quote in this way - obviously, the job poster would respond via this route.

You should be aware of the fact that not all job posters respond to all quotes, nor do they close them. We're working on a redesign of the jobs process that will change that.

Hope this clarifies a few things.

Best regards, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-04-05 17:22]

Ilya Tsilikov
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Again I can't understand Apr 19, 2004

In section My bids I've recived something but there I've found a link only the job description and can't understand how the job task from the job poster is being recived.

Germany
English to German
+ ...
E-mail notification, plus a summary of quotes Apr 19, 2004

Hi Ilya,
If you submit a quote via ProZ.com, the job poster will be notified by e-mail; the poster also has a specific URL where all quotes are shown in a list.

HTH, Ralf

Yuri Smirnov  Identity Verified
English to Belarusian
+ ...
"My bids" doesn't mean at all someone has chosen you Apr 19, 2004

Ilya Tsilikov wrote:

In section My bids I've recived something but there I've found a link only the job description and can't understand how the job task from the job poster is being recived.

If you are chosen, you will get an email from the outsourcer.

But, unfortunately for you and fortunately for other dozens of translators who apply for jobs, they never choose you just so. You need to meet the requirements for the job and you need to meet them "better" than other solicitors. Experience, kudoz and what not...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get answers via Proz.com?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search