https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/204104-%22specific_fields%22_search_option_not_showing_in_directory_staff_fixed.html

"Specific fields" search option not showing in directory (Staff: fixed)
Thread poster: Z STUDIO
Z STUDIO
Z STUDIO
Local time: 12:35
English to Czech
Jul 27, 2011

I have been using the "Search the ProZ.com translator and interpreter directory" filter for years and suddenly I see that the options in "Field of expertise" cell have been reduced to 9. Before the list contained tens of fields and was very helpful when looking for a specific expertise. With only 9, very wide options, the filter is almost useless.
Can somebody from ProZ staff explain? Thank you.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Referred to internal development Jul 27, 2011

Hello Z STUDIO,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Let me refer this to internal development to have it fixed.

I appreciate your patience.

Best regards,

Lucia

Z STUDIO
Z STUDIO
Local time: 12:35
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
I look forward to see it fixed... Jul 27, 2011

Thank you for your fast reaction Lucia. I hope that this reduced filter is just a temporary failure.

Tomas

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
List of specific fields re-instantiated Jul 27, 2011

The list of specific fields is available again, Tomas. It was re-instantiated and should be available in the "Field of expertise" drop-down menu, right below broad fields.

One more time, thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Specific fields" search option not showing in directory (Staff: fixed)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »