Thread poster: Rajaa Aquil

Rajaa Aquil  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:49
Arabic to English
+ ...
Apr 17, 2004

Hello to all,

I cannot view Arabic fonts both on the Arabic Kudoz pages and in WATA sent email. I would appreciate it very much if you could let me know of the setting steps I should apply onto my PC to enable viewing Arabic fonts. By the way I do have office xp professional. Thanks in advance.

Rajaa

Ahmed Ismail  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 05:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
Internet Explorer Apr 17, 2004

Go to any Arabic website...
From your Internet Explorer drop down menus:
Click on View -->encoding-->Arabic(Windows)

I hope this helps.

Rajaa Aquil  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:49
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Arabic fonts Apr 17, 2004

Ahmad,

Thanks a million! Will this also take care of WATAs Arabic emials.

Rajaa

shfranke
United States
Local time: 20:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
Make an e-mail account on < hotmail.com > and send WATA notes there Apr 18, 2004

Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan...

A number of ISPs and e-mail servers (AOL is really bad) have encoding conflicts in conveying Arabic text, so often WATA notes in the Arrabic arrive and show as garbled / mangled non-Arabic symbols

Try making an e-mail account on < hotmail.com > and sending WATA notes (and other garbled Arabic-text notes) there.

Hotmail's e-mail set-up supports and displays Arabic text adequately = not very manipulable, but legibly.

Also, MS Outlook and Outlook Express reportedly support creating and displaying/reading Arabic-text e-mails.

Hope this helps.

Khair, in sha' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California

Virginie Segard-Delavarinya
Local time: 00:49
English to French
+ ...
Your Replies are Zonderful ! Jun 1, 2004

Hi Franke

It's not where I have to thank you but as I was looking for you to thank you a lot I found something here to drop you a line.

Kheili Mamnoon

Reza Delavary

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Arabic Fonts

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search