Cannot delete and/or upload my CV (Staff: fixed)
Thread poster: Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:09
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 11, 2011

Hi to all,

When I click the delete button to remove my CV, nothing happens - the page just jumps up to its top.

Moreover, when I select the language for my CV, the 'browse' button won`t show up. Nothing happens at all.

I tested the system using two laptops and 5 different browsers. The story is the same.

On the other hand, everything goes fine when I use my smartphone. I successfully deleted my CV, but was not able to upload a new one using
... See more
Hi to all,

When I click the delete button to remove my CV, nothing happens - the page just jumps up to its top.

Moreover, when I select the language for my CV, the 'browse' button won`t show up. Nothing happens at all.

I tested the system using two laptops and 5 different browsers. The story is the same.

On the other hand, everything goes fine when I use my smartphone. I successfully deleted my CV, but was not able to upload a new one using my phone (just because the upload function is not available in Android 2.1 OS).

I.e. the reason is a bug (?) within the proz system, some incompatibility (?) with standard browsers.

A week ago I had no problems with the function.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 11:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
support Aug 11, 2011

Have you written support about it? That's the first thing to do in these situations.

Vadim Kadyrov
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I did Aug 11, 2011

They say it is quite strange, and unfortunately they can do the things I can`t.

I thought there was some kind of a straight and instant way out.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Way out Aug 11, 2011

Hello Vadim,

The problem that prevents you from uploading your CV couldn't be solved yet, but if you send your CV to alejandro (at) proz.com , I will upload it to your profile for you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Vadim Kadyrov
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CV has been sent to you Aug 11, 2011

Alejandro, thank you very much for you wish to help me!

I will wait for the solution.

Once again, thank you!

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No problem, and sorry for the inconvenience Aug 11, 2011

No problem, I have uploaded your CV now. If any other user is experiencing this problem and needs their profile edited urgently, just let me know and I will make the specified changes. This bug should be fixed soon, though. I will let you know here when that happens. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alejandro

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Problem fixed Aug 11, 2011

I just wanted to let you know that his problem has been fixed now. You should be able to edit your profile successfully now.

Alejandro

Vadim Kadyrov
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Aug 12, 2011

Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot delete and/or upload my CV (Staff: fixed)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »