Credit for Kudoz points
Thread poster: Luisa Ramos, CT

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Apr 24, 2004

I have been watching my Kudoz points for a while and I do not see them being updated although I had an answer selected during that period.
How long does it usually take to credit the Kudoz points?
--------
Not only that. I found by chance that I had another answer selected during the time I had been watching the points and I have not received a message notifying me about it.

[Edited at 2004-04-24 02:52]

Direct link Reply with quote

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:02
German to English
Credit - hang in there Apr 24, 2004

Hi Luisabel, how long have you been waiting? I wish I could tell you exactly how long it takes but I do know that it takes a while. My guess is about 24 hours. If it's been less than that, just hang in there. I've also been experiencing a much longer delay in notifications than is usual. Maybe the staff is doing some site maintenance.

All the best, Kim

[Edited at 2004-04-24 02:57]

surfish  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:02
English to Chinese
+ ...
Who's fault Apr 24, 2004

This delay occured to me, too. I guess this is due to Mediator's fault.

Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
German to Croatian
+ ...
"Refreshing" suggestion Apr 24, 2004

Open your BrowniZ page (from Member Info box on the left side) and refresh it. KudoZ points are usually updated as well.

HTH

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:02
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

- Apr 24, 2004

KudoZ totals are updated once a day, so the seeming delay is nobody's fault

But if you wish to see the updated sum as soon as you receive the "Congratulations!" message, just do what Vesna advises: click on the "BrowniZ" button under your name in the upper right corner of the page, and then go to any other ProZ.com page. The KudoZ total will be refreshed.

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Credit for Kudoz points Apr 24, 2004

Thank you all for your responses and advice. I just want to make clear that I am not blaming anyone. I only wanted to know how long it takes for the credit to appear. This is because when an answer is selected, a message appears that gives the idea that the credit is instantaneous. As with any system maintenance, I found it reasonable to do it once a day; I wanted to make sure.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Credit for Kudoz points

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search