Thread poster: Babelinguist

Babelinguist
United States
Local time: 12:14
English to Japanese
+ ...
Nov 7, 2011

Situation 1:

I have been using SDLX Trados 2007 (build 7014). Recently, I found that after I open "Start translation" window, when I click on "SDLX" button to get to the start up page for other functions, it gives me an error message below and I cannot get to other functions that I want to use such as the alignment tool and TM management tool.

"SDLX has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Error Signature:
AppName: sdlx.exe AppVer: 2007.0.0.7014 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 Offset: 00012afb

I think I also got "run-time error" message as well, but I am not certain. I don't see it now.

There is "Debug" button, and when I click on it but nothing gets fixed.

Question 1: Should I uninstall and re-install the program ?
I have an account with SDL and I see I can download the package.
Question 2: If I download and re-install, is it counted as the second computer use?

Situation 2:

I just bought a new computer. I want to start using it soon and use SDLX Trados 2007 in this new computer as well. I had a helper transfer the data to the new computer from the old one. The program and application for SDLX Tradps are transferred. As I try to open it, I get an error message below.

Run-time error 339
Component 'comdig32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I figure since the program was not functioning correctly in the old computer, it would not work on the new computer. I understand. If I re-installed SDLX Trados 2007 to fix the problem on the old computer, will I still be able to install in this new computer again?

BTW - I have just purchased an upgrade for Studio 2011. I will start using my new computer soon (after I get better at using Windows 7 and Office 2010), and I want to be able to use Studio soon.

Things have gotten a little bit messy to this non tech-savvy translator. I would appreciate if anybody can give me advice for my situation above "with plain words" and no IT-savvy language.

Thank you so much,
Bebelinguist

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX Trados 2007 files corrupted and needs reinstalling

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search