I am getting KudoZ notifications and other mails from ProZ with a considerable delay
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 22:44
German to Romanian
+ ...
Jun 28, 2004

Lately I am getting the KudoZ notifications and other mails from ProZ with a considerable delay. I have just checked a question, and it has been posted and graded 4 hours ago when I opened it, right when I received the notification.
Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just my ISP?
Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-06-28 16:15]

NGK
NGK  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:44
Same here Jun 28, 2004

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

Lately I am getting the KudoZ notifications and other mails from ProZ with a considerable delay. I have just checked a question, and it has been posted and graded 4 hours ago when I opened it, right when I received the notification.
Thanks

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:44
SITE FOUNDER
Not aware of a problem... Jun 28, 2004

I am not aware of a problem. If you can send me a specific notification, I will check against our records for the time the mail went out.

Elvira Stoianov
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have asked someone to have a look Jun 28, 2004

and apparently the problem is with my ISP's servers, that have taken about 7 hours to deliver the mail. I will probably contact them. Thanks for the reply, anyway.

Paulo Celestino Guimaraes
Paulo Celestino Guimaraes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:44
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same here Jun 28, 2004

The same here mostly for jobs notifications.

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-06-28 16:15]

Elvira Stoianov
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Check the message path in Outlook Jun 29, 2004

Go to the mail in question and right click on it, then choose properties and in the details tab you have the path of the message in detail. Apparaently the ProZ server has sent out my mail on time, then it was taken over by my ISP's server and then there are 7 hours between the time when the server received it and the time when it was received by the end user from the server. This is the best way to see where the message was indeed delayed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am getting KudoZ notifications and other mails from ProZ with a considerable delay

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »