Thread poster: Marcus Malabad

Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:46
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 5, 2004

I use KudoZ.net search all the time (KudoZ > Internet Search) since it combines dictionaries, the KudoZ glossary and search engine into one interface. I think this is one of ProZ.com's hidden treasures.

I've just noticed - after almost a year of using it - that there is a 'save settings' checkbox and a 'Search Engine' listbox in the left column. (I've always gone directly to the Languages and Dictionaries menus).

The problem is that once I select the language pair (e.g., De>En) and the Dictionaries listbox expands downwards, the 'Search Engines' listbox all but disappears and all I can see is up to the line "[all] [none]".

Only by deselecting the language pair does the entire menu appear (I can now choose "google", for example). However, the "Save Settings" checkbox is nowhere to be found. I assume it's under the 'Search Engines' listbox since I can't see it on my screen.

Using the scroll bar to the right of the screen does not help since this does not affect the left column.

May I suggest a quick solution of placing a scroll bar along the right side of the left column so one can see all the available listboxes and checkboxes?

Marcus

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 20:46
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I had to stop using Internet Search Jul 5, 2004

I don't call it KudoZ.Net as I didn't download Kudoz.Net and can use Internet Search.

I used to save my settings depending on the pair of languages that I was working on, but I only used it for EuroDicAutom, KudoZ and possibly Google. I was sorry that GDT wasn't included in this program.

Some months ago a new bug made difficult the research. I couldn't look for words with accents (´`^) when looking in EuroDicAutom. So I had to write the words in two ways, correctly to search in KudoZ, without accents to search in EuroDicAutom.
I tried for a while but in fact it was quite masochistic, so I don't use it any more. I go directly to EuroDicAutom and sometimes search in KudoZ.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

invisible listboxes/checkboxes in Kudoz.net search

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search