Has the visibility of KudoZ activity in search engines changed?
Thread poster: philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

I Googled myself recently (as you do), and I've found that I suddenly get huge numbers of hits because of all the KudoZ questions I've answered. This was not the case until recently

I feel a bit uncomfortable about this. I know KudoZ is a resource for everyone to use, but I always saw it as a kind of semi-private forum where you had to log in first, and where search engine crawlers didn't pick up posters' names.

Is it KudoZ that's changed, or Google? And are my concerns justified?

[Edited at 2012-10-03 16:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-10-03 19:27 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Alejandro Cavalitto
Local time: 14:09
SITE STAFF
KudoZ has not changed, it has always been public Oct 3, 2012

Hello,

Please note that KudoZ has always been public and indexed by search engines. There have been no changes in this regard.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:09
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No changes Oct 3, 2012

I've not noticed any changes in this regard. Yet what I do find irritating and unhelpful is when my name appears associated with Kudoz queries using languages that I don't work in (i.e., something possible given the multiple language options for user interface on this site). In fact, I not long ago read that a prominent freelancer changed his profile name here just to avoid having his real name associated with hundreds of hits in a Babel of languages in which he doesn't work. Doing this is not a bad idea at all.

[Edited at 2012-10-04 15:58 GMT]

Neptunia
Local time: 18:09
Italian to English
yep Oct 4, 2012

That is why I use a silly name.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has the visibility of KudoZ activity in search engines changed?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search