Why does KudoZ chop the ends off URLs? (Staff: fixing)
Thread poster: philgoddard
philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2013

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I did a search, but I couldn't find anything.

If you enter a URL as a reference when answering a KudoZ question, it sometimes gets truncated, rendering it invalid. This often happens even with relatively short URLs. Why does this happen, and is there anything you can do about it?

Thanks very much!

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:19
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It may depend on the URL Jul 11, 2013

Hello,

This may depend on the URL being truncated. Could you please supply some examples of links that are truncated when entered as a reference on a KudoZ answer? If possible, please also supply examples of URLs that are not truncated. That information will help me look into this. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alejandro

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is the one that prompted my question: Jul 12, 2013

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/french_to_english/law:_contracts/5267153-convention_collective_nationale.html

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:19
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
The last letter of the link was cropped Jul 13, 2013

Hello,

Thanks for supplying the requested information. I have tested this and found that the last letter of the link was cropped. I have reported this to site developers, and will let you know when it is fixed. Please let me know if you need anything in the meantime.

Best regards,
Alejandro

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Jul 13, 2013

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why does KudoZ chop the ends off URLs? (Staff: fixing)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »