Thread poster: Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:36
English to French
+ ...
Oct 24, 2004

I recently deleted my resume from my profile page on proz and I would like to use the download function but it is being used to download an old poem which I don't even have in my documents any more. How can I delete the poem and set the function to upload a resume from my files ?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:36
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Oct 24, 2004

...to ProZ.com Tech Support.

I recently deleted my resume from my profile page on proz and I would like to use the download function

What are you trying to download? From where?

but it is being used to download an old poem which I don't even have in my documents any more. How can I delete the poem and set the function to upload a resume from my files ?

Just had a look at your profile - I can see your CV, but no poem. Could this be in your computer's cache memory? Try to refresh (F5 in MSIE) your page view.

Best regards,
Ralf

Odette Grille (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just had a look at your profile - I can see your CV, but no poem. Nov 2, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...to ProZ.com Tech Support.

Hello, thaznk you for taking the time to answer.
You cannot see the poem ; it is in the download resume memory.
I would like to erase it and have my resume in there instead (the long version) so I could post only a short version on my front page. But I don't remember how I managed to use the dowload resume function, nor where I can get the info.
In friendship
Aude

Best regards,
Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:36
English to German
+ ...
Still no poem, I'm afraid... Nov 2, 2004

Hi again,
First of all, you may want to check the FAQ (see above) on how to use the quote function.

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hello, thaznk you for taking the time to answer.
You cannot see the poem ; it is in the download resume memory.

What exactly does "download resume memory" refer to?
I downloaded your CV from your profile page - and there's no poem in that file (which is a 2-page document).

I would like to erase it and have my resume in there instead (the long version) so I could post only a short version on my front page. But I don't remember how I managed to use the dowload resume function, nor where I can get the info.

to upload a file to your profile, you need to go to My ProZ.com - My Profile, and follow the Edit your profile link. The "Upload Resume" function is the fourth last on that page.

Is that what you were looking for?

Best regards, Ralf

Odette Grille (X)
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ralf Dec 12, 2004

Everything is okay now.
I don't know how the poem was erased nor by whom but when I click on the download resume, I now get the (short) French version. Good enough for now
Aude

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

uploading resume on profile page

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »