Problems with inbox?
Thread poster: Elizabeth Tamblin

Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:12
Member (2012)
French to English
Jan 8, 2014

I recently sent a support request message to ProZ.com, and received no reply. Today, I sent another message, asking for a test message to be sent to me, so that I can find out if there is some problem with my inbox. This time, I received an email, giving me a link, enabling me to track the progress of the request. However, I have still had no reply in my inbox.

When I sent the previous support request, I didn't even get a confirmation email, even though I can see that the request was received and replied to (not in my inbox, though). Sorry if this isn't making any sense, but I'm not sure how to state it any more clearly.

Obviously, I am concerned that nobody is able to contact me via ProZ.com, which kind of defeats the object of joining the site in the first place.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:12
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Do you mean your "contact me" button on your profile page? Jan 8, 2014

I just sent you a test message to see if you can get it working. Hope this helps!

Sarah

United Kingdom
Member (2012)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 8, 2014

Sarah McDowell wrote:

I just sent you a test message to see if you can get it working. Hope this helps!

Sarah

Thanks, Sarah. Nothing has arrived yet, though…

I assume I'm looking in the right place - that little envelope next to my name. I've received messages there before, but it seems to have stopped working.

United Kingdom
Member (2012)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
... Jan 8, 2014

Sarah, can I ask you if you sent the test message by clicking on "Contact via email" or "Contact via ProZ.com instant message"? Thanks for your help.

Russian Federation
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
. Jan 8, 2014

I chose "Contact via email". Most people use this method to contact translators. I very rarely receive on-site Proz.com messages.

Did you receive it yet?

Sarah

United Kingdom
Member (2012)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
. Jan 8, 2014

Ah, as I suspected. No, I haven't received it. I'm now thinking this is an SPF issue with the ProZ mail servers, which is causing ProZ mails to be blocked as spam.

[Edited at 2014-01-08 22:46 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2012)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
. Jan 8, 2014

Sorry to bother you again, Sarah, but I've just sent you an email to see if outgoing emails via ProZ are working. I would appreciate it if you would post here if you receive it. Thanks so much.

Russian Federation
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
. Jan 8, 2014

Hi Elizabeth,

No, I didn't get anything at all from you.

Sarah

United Kingdom
Member (2012)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
. Jan 9, 2014

Thanks for letting me know, Sarah. If this is an SPF problem with ProZ, lots of members could be affected by this. Hopefully, I'll get some response from the technical department soon.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with inbox?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search