Details login sessions - other users logged in on my account?
Thread poster: Andrea Bauer
Andrea Bauer
Andrea Bauer  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:06
Italian to German
+ ...
Jan 13, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I want to share something I just discovered on the ProZ.com site and which made me feel a bit strange.
I ran through certain menu voices on the site and got accidentally to the one on the right bottom of the home page where is shown the last login to my (your) account. Clicking on DETAILS it appeared that there were several ID addresses active. This normally means that you log in from different computers, but I only work form my pc. So why were there some othe
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I want to share something I just discovered on the ProZ.com site and which made me feel a bit strange.
I ran through certain menu voices on the site and got accidentally to the one on the right bottom of the home page where is shown the last login to my (your) account. Clicking on DETAILS it appeared that there were several ID addresses active. This normally means that you log in from different computers, but I only work form my pc. So why were there some other active logins with different login session starts?

Must I believe that someone else used my account to log in? Is this possible or am I worrying without reason?
Someone of you knows something more about this?
Collapse

Jon Reynolds
Jon Reynolds  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:06
German to English
+ ...
I get the same thing... Jan 13, 2014

...but they are always previous logins on the main computer I use for my translation work. I always thought they were simply open sessions from when I had inadvertently closed my browser before logging out of proz, and as such entirely harmless. I tend to check them now and again and log out of all but the current session. Perhaps somebody else has more info?

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:06
French to English
Dynamic IP? Jan 14, 2014

Perhaps it has to do with dynamic IP addresses? I checked mine and found that I have over 10 sessions open, some several years old. It's not a suprise to me, I use several computers to access Proz, as well as my smartphone, which must have a different IP addresses depending on which wifi connection I'm using, wherever I happen to be??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Details login sessions - other users logged in on my account?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »