https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/264341-strange_visits_appearing_on_visitors_tab.html

Strange visits appearing on visitors tab
Thread poster: Angelique Blommaert
Angelique Blommaert
Angelique Blommaert  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:18
Member (2012)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 13, 2014

I can see in my visitorslist that I'm being watched by a freelancers from Belgrade 26 times the last 30 days. So, why? I don't have clue.

Frankie JB
Frankie JB
France
English to French
+ ...
Ideas... Feb 13, 2014

- A translation buyer who can't make up his mind (perhaps a bit aboulic indeed)
-- Or a variation of it: a translation organization coming back and forth on your profile, unsure whether or not you would be the best fit for them, with different HR people working under one single IP address
- A crook brewing something (trying to gather and exploit your information)
- A secret lover who can't get enough of seeing your picture almost each and every day

Those are the th
... See more
- A translation buyer who can't make up his mind (perhaps a bit aboulic indeed)
-- Or a variation of it: a translation organization coming back and forth on your profile, unsure whether or not you would be the best fit for them, with different HR people working under one single IP address
- A crook brewing something (trying to gather and exploit your information)
- A secret lover who can't get enough of seeing your picture almost each and every day

Those are the three-four (more or less) sensible scenarios I can think of.

In any case I wouldn't worry too much in your place considering there doesn't seem to be vulnerable data displayed on your profile... Stay cautious as usual, you may find out soon...
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 01:18
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Visitors List Feb 13, 2014

We can not answer that question, only your visitors can. I do not even look at my visitors list at all. Whether this is good or bad, I do not know. Web is a free-for-all tool. God knows who looks at our traces on the web.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 00:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Didn't know about it Feb 13, 2014

I didn't realise I had a visitors' list; this post prompted me to look at it for the first time ever. I'm sure how useful it will be though...

I just checked my list and most visitors come 1, 2 or at most 3 times, so 50 is rather a lot. Perhaps the person is looking for a collaborator in your pair but can't make up his/her mind? It might even be a "bot", you never know.

[Edited at 2014-02-13 17:55 GMT]

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:18
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Internet quirks Feb 13, 2014

I get frequent notifications by e-mail that someone is following me on Twitter, Bozong, whatever... places where I don't have an account, most of them that I never heard of. Who cares? The web is crowded with people who haven't got what to do.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange visits appearing on visitors tab

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »