Thread poster: Piero Intonti
Piero Intonti
Piero Intonti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:07
Italian to English
+ ...
May 7, 2014

Hello! Could anyone explain or give me the right reference (knowledge base) related to the ProZ com visitors screen and, in particular, the difference between the visitors tab and "crawler activities" one.
In the first one I find a visitor who, switching to the latter, has viewed my profile many times and from different IP address.
I presume it comes from a unique domain but multiple sources.
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Piero

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
"Visitors" and "Search engines" tabs May 8, 2014

Hello Piero,

The "Visitors" tab tracks the visits to your profile from IP addresses that have not been identified as search engine crawlers, while the "Search engines" tab lists the visits that those crawlers have made to your profile.

Search engine crawlers are bots that systematically browse the Internet for pages to be searchable. Usually if you see someone (or something) accessing your profile many times, you can assume it is a search engine crawler.
In the first one I find a visitor who, switching to the latter, has viewed my profile many times and from different IP address.

If you have any questions about visits from specific IP addresses to your profile, you may wish to pose those directly via the support center: http://www.proz.com/support

I hope this explains, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Piero Intonti
Piero Intonti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:07
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
crawler activities May 8, 2014

Hello ! Maria.
Thanks for the reply.
Considering that my post has been viewed by roughly one hundred of users and, so far, I have received only your reply, there are two options.
The first ( more probable) is that my question was too "simple", the second ( less probable) is that you are that "Taylor" of that "Beatiful soap-opera " I appreciated in one of my support request.
Back to the forum rules ( you'll excuse me for this), I don't understand how to filter and/or link
... See more
Hello ! Maria.
Thanks for the reply.
Considering that my post has been viewed by roughly one hundred of users and, so far, I have received only your reply, there are two options.
The first ( more probable) is that my question was too "simple", the second ( less probable) is that you are that "Taylor" of that "Beatiful soap-opera " I appreciated in one of my support request.
Back to the forum rules ( you'll excuse me for this), I don't understand how to filter and/or link logically this crawler activities and the scam related page.
Thanks again.
Piero
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visitors screen

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »