https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/27502-new_charity_forum_integrating_%22agree_disagree%22_option_from_kudoz.html

New charity forum: integrating "agree/disagree" option from KudoZ
Thread poster: Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:32
English to German
Dec 11, 2004

Hi, as you may already know, Henry gave us a new forum for the charity project we want to pursue. In order to reach agreements as quickly as possible, I wonder if it's possible to integrate the "agree/disagree" option from KudoZ.

Marion

Cathy Dotterer
Cathy Dotterer
Local time: 23:32
Charity forum link Dec 11, 2004

The charity forum is here: http://proz.com/forum/98

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Background info, please... Dec 11, 2004

Hi Marion,
I tried to contact you through your profile (you should have a little flashing icon New message in your Member Info box...), but as I didn't detect any reaction, I'm responding here.

Hi, as you may already know, Henry gave us a new forum for the charity project we want to pursue.

In fact, "we" (whoever that is...) don't know anything: the forum wasn't announced, neither was there any explanation of what the project is about.

To prevent this project from becoming a non-starter, may I suggest that you provide some background information? I noticed that you posted a whole string of topics (more or less taking over the Forum section of the ProZ.com homepage for most of today...), but to avoid having to read each and every one of them, it would be good to summarise the relevant information in a single topic.

Regarding your query about integrating part of the KudoZ functionality in the forum, I'm sure that this is possible from a technical point of view. Given the limitation of resources at ProZ.com, however, I would suggest to stick with the current functional scope available in the forums. There's a string of rather urgent development tasks in the pipeline...

Best regards,
Ralf

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Background information Dec 11, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

In fact, "we" (whoever that is...) don't know anything: the forum wasn't announced, neither was there any explanation of what the project is about.

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

It was announced (sort of):
http://www.proz.com/topic/27354

I think Marion got overwhelmed by the response she got and is trying to channel all the good intentions to serve a common good!

Kind regards,
Marijke

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New charity forum: integrating "agree/disagree" option from KudoZ

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »