Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:55
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2004

What, exactly, can be entered in the glossary on my profile page? Is it only for terms that I have been awarded points for?

Michele Fauble

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:55
German to Croatian
+ ...
Personal glossaries as well Dec 15, 2004

Hi Michele!

Here you can find more information about personal glossaries

http://www.proz.com/faq/glossaries#add_glossary_term

BR,

Vesna

[Edited at 2004-12-15 08:08]

Michele Fauble
United States
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Glossary entries Dec 15, 2004

Is it possible, then, to enter terms such as the following into the glossary on my profile page?

A term that I suggested in my kudoz answer, and that I am sure is correct, yet was not the one selected by the asker.

A term that was suggested by another answerer, whether it was awarded points or not.

A term that I suggested to a kudoz question that was never graded.

A term that I wish to make available to others in the glossary on my pro
... See more
Is it possible, then, to enter terms such as the following into the glossary on my profile page?

A term that I suggested in my kudoz answer, and that I am sure is correct, yet was not the one selected by the asker.

A term that was suggested by another answerer, whether it was awarded points or not.

A term that I wish to make available to others in the glossary on my profile page, even though it has not been the subject of a kudoz question.

Thanks
Michele Fauble
Collapse

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:55
German to Croatian
+ ...
Three 'yes' Dec 15, 2004

Hi Michele!

Yes.

Aldough possible, I am not sure it would be recommendable - I can envisage that it might raise an objection on the part of the answerer who suggested the translation (somehow I feel it is his/her effort).

Yes.

A term that I wish to make available to others in the glossary on my profile page, even though it has not been the subject of a kudoz question.

Yes, absolutely.

BR,
Vesna

[Edited at 2004-12-15 10:40]

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:55
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Distinction between KOG & personal profile glossary Dec 15, 2004

1. KOG = KudoZ open glossary. This is the glossary for terms entered on **KudoZ** pages

Regarding terms that are the subject of a KudoZ inquiry: if you are not the asker or the selected answerer, you may still enter the selected term in the KOG, but also checking the box to add the term in your own glossary, when adding that term to the KOG, is frowned upon. If you run across a term that has already been added to the KOG that you know to be wrong, please contact one of the moder
... See more
1. KOG = KudoZ open glossary. This is the glossary for terms entered on **KudoZ** pages

Regarding terms that are the subject of a KudoZ inquiry: if you are not the asker or the selected answerer, you may still enter the selected term in the KOG, but also checking the box to add the term in your own glossary, when adding that term to the KOG, is frowned upon. If you run across a term that has already been added to the KOG that you know to be wrong, please contact one of the moderators for that language pair.

2. Personal glossary (the one on your profile). You may enter as many terms as you wish into your glossary *directly*, including terms that you supplied as answers to KudoZ. The one caveat: when entering a term in the KOG, if you weren't the selected KudoZ answerer, just don't use that link "adding" the term to your own glossary. All glossaries on ProZ.com are searchable, but only terms linked between profiles and KudoZ will appear in both "Search Glossaries" and the "KudoZ search."
Collapse

Michele Fauble
United States
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 16, 2004

Thank you both very much for your explanations.

Michele Fauble

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Simple Glossary Question

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »