Why my profile is not showing up when the option (Staff: addressed via support request)
Thread poster: Sury Castro

Sury Castro  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:40
Member (2013)
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2015

Dear colleagues,

I have noticed strange issues regarding my profile and how I show up in the directory, I have talked to several colleagues of proz.com and no one could give me an explanation. I think I have read everything regarding profile/directory issues but did not find anything about that.

2 weeks ago I started noticing that:

1- The boxes of my "services provided" in LANGUAGES of my profile were "automatically" unselected several times during the last 2 weeks without me being aware of that. That is not something I can do by error for 4 or 5 boxes and 2 different pairs.

2- When the boxes (for translator, interpreter, corrector, etc) were selected by me again, after 15 minutes I started showing up in the directory for the services provided but ONLY when the options of LANGUAGE PAIR EMPHASIS "among top 3 or top pair" were selected.

This is very important as most of us search by defect the option "among top 8 pairs". So, I virtually dissapear from the professional directory.

I have not received explanation from anyone (sent few support requests) about this up to now and I consider this is too important as to "just leave it". I would be very grateful to anyone who can provide an explanation or at least tell me if someone else experienced something like that.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why my profile is not showing up when the option (Staff: addressed via support request)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search