How can I avoid receiving mails with offers below minimum rate?
Thread poster: Bjørnar Magnussen

Bjørnar Magnussen  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:25
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 17, 2015

I have set minimum rates in my profile and stated them in a note that is shown to everyone trying to send messages to me through my profile. Still I get several offers below my minimum rates every day. I think these offers come from customers that send batch mails through the directory and therefore don't see my minimum rates.

I do block senders, but it's now effective enough. Any advice will be appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:25
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
That's something I'd like to know as well Jun 17, 2015

...8 insulting offers in my e-mail this morning.

Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:25
German to English
No stopping them Jun 17, 2015

Since my existing customers generally keep me as busy as I'd like to be, my Proz settings are to not receive messages regarding job offers. My profile page likewise indicates that I'm not looking for work with "no availability" displayed on my calendar. Nevertheless, I regularly receive offers at prices that wouldn't pay for lunch, much less provide me with a sustainable living.

[Edited at 2015-06-17 21:46 GMT]

English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do you get the offers? Jun 18, 2015

Kevin Fulton wrote:

Since my existing customers generally keep me as busy as I'd like to be, my Proz settings are to not receive messages regarding job offers. My profile page likewise indicates that I'm not looking for work with "no availability" displayed on my calendar. Nevertheless, I regularly receive offers at prices that wouldn't pay for lunch, much less provide me with a sustainable living.

[Edited at 2015-06-17 21:46 GMT]

How do you get the insulting offers? Through batch mails?

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Make the note redder Jun 18, 2015

Bjørnar Magnussen wrote:
I have set minimum rates in my profile and stated them in a note that is shown to everyone trying to send messages to me through my profile.

The note isn't very visible, particularly not if the sender already knows what the message form looks like and won't be looking at anything else on the page except the message form itself. Can't you make the message red?

English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 18, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

The note isn't very visible, particularly not if the sender already knows what the message form looks like and won't be looking at anything else on the page except the message form itself. Can't you make the message red?

Thanks for your suggestion, Samuel.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi folks Jun 18, 2015

Please check your settings at http://www.proz.com/?sp=dashboard&sp_mode=jobs - especially in the bottom of the page:

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I avoid receiving mails with offers below minimum rate?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search