https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/293731-server_alert_access_to_my_profile_settings.html

Server alert - access to my profile settings
Thread poster: Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:28
Member (2015)
English to Italian
Oct 24, 2015

Hello staff
please forgive me if this topic is double (I have already requested support, waiting for a ticket notification), but weekends are the best time I have to take a look at my profile and rearrange it.

It was yesterday for the first time, I can't be able to edit my profile settings. The server says that proz.com is not a known connection or that someone else is connecting with my profile, so my privacy is not safe.
I sent a screenshot in attachment with the suppo
... See more
Hello staff
please forgive me if this topic is double (I have already requested support, waiting for a ticket notification), but weekends are the best time I have to take a look at my profile and rearrange it.

It was yesterday for the first time, I can't be able to edit my profile settings. The server says that proz.com is not a known connection or that someone else is connecting with my profile, so my privacy is not safe.
I sent a screenshot in attachment with the support request.

Could you help me somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Silvia
Collapse

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Most likely due to a firewall Oct 27, 2015

Hello Silvia,

My apologies for the delay here. As I mentioned in your support request on this, development staff have confirmed that everything is working as it should on our end, and that in this case you can ignore the warning and continue to edit your profile. The problem may be due to a firewall that you have.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

B
... See more
Hello Silvia,

My apologies for the delay here. As I mentioned in your support request on this, development staff have confirmed that everything is working as it should on our end, and that in this case you can ignore the warning and continue to edit your profile. The problem may be due to a firewall that you have.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:28
Member (2015)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Firewall is not the problem Oct 27, 2015

Maria Kopnitsky wrote:

Hello Silvia,

Best regards,

Maria

Thank you, Maria
I'm so sorry for this time wasting for you and the developers, but firewalls seem not to be the problem, as I disabled them all without any results.
Even if I ignore the alert and go on my "setting profile" page, I can't edit a few of data.
In particular, I was managing a re-styling of my profile (after your brilliant webinar next week) and I realized my CVs need to be updated. But I am not able to do it.
Any other tips to solve the issue?

Many thanks, anyway

Silvia

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Could you please send a screenshot? Oct 28, 2015

Hello Silvia,

Thanks for testing that out and confirming, and my apologies for the inconvenience!

You said that you are still unable to edit certain parts of your profile after bypassing the warning, could you please send me a screenshot of what that looks like? I'll go ahead and reopen that request now so you can provide that there whenever you're ready.

Thank you!

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Server alert - access to my profile settings

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »