The website isn't working properly
Thread poster: lien

lien
Netherlands
Local time: 23:13
English to French
+ ...
Mar 29, 2005

I can't have the home page anymore, when I open proz.com I get the window to post a message in a forum.

The "recent post" open at three days old and I have to do "refresh" if I want to see the last messages. I also have to do "refresh" if, after having read the thread, I want to go back to the "recent posts", it show again the messages of three days old as "recent posts".

Same for jobs, I cannot view them from the "home page" as I don't get the home page any more, I have to get it from the menus and again it doesn't show the post of the last three days, I have to do "refresh" every time.

[Edited at 2005-03-29 19:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Mar 29, 2005

Hi lien,
I would suggest to submit a Support Request rather than posting in the forum. You should indicate your system details (OS, browser, antivirus system/popup blocker, etc.) to help ProZ.com staff assess your problem.

The site's working fine for me (both using MSIE 6.0 and Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2), so I would guess the problem could be at your end. Providing as much information as you can will help the team to help you.

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxsarahl
Local time: 14:13
English to French
+ ...
Same here Mar 29, 2005

Whenever I post in the forum, the same happens to me: I keep getting a blank posting box when I click on home or when I use the site's URL, and I have to refresh the page to display the home page.

It's probably not on Lien's end then.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Submitted a request myself Mar 29, 2005

Hi again,
I'm not sure if you submitted a Support Request - I contacted ProZ.com Support myself; they're looking into it.

In any case, it would be helpful if you could specify which browser you're using.

Best regards,
Ralf

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:13
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same thing happens to me too Mar 29, 2005

I just start from scratch: opening IE and then selecting ProZ.

lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Ralf Mar 29, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,
I'm not sure if you submitted a Support Request - I contacted ProZ.com Support myself; they're looking into it.

Yes, I submitted a support request, thank you. I see that others have the same problem.

I use IE 6.0

Jason Grimes
Local time: 17:13
SITE STAFF
Try clearing your cache Mar 29, 2005

This sounds like a caching problem. Please try clearing your browser's cache, as described in the following FAQ, and let me know if that solves the problem.

http://www.proz.com/faq/misc#clear_browser_cache

Best regards,

Jason

xxxsarahl
Local time: 14:13
English to French
+ ...
It does not Mar 29, 2005

Hi Jason

Clearing the cache did not solve the issue.

Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:13
Dutch to English
+ ...
Did not work for me either Mar 29, 2005

I use IE 6 too.

I followed both methods for emptying the cache but no luck. When I press Back, I again get an empty forum reply page. It seems as if it is in a loop. The only thing that works is going back to my home page (Google) and entering www.proz.com in the address line or selecting Home -> Home when in ProZ.

lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked for me, Mar 29, 2005

at least for the moment. I hope yours will be solved too.

lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This morning Mar 30, 2005

it doesn't work any more. Now I get my profile as webpage home it doesn't synchronise yet when I open the jobs or recent posts via the menus. I have to "refresh" everytime.

Jason Grimes
Local time: 17:13
SITE STAFF
Please send a screenshot of the problem Mar 30, 2005

Lien, sarahl, and Marijke,

Please take a screenshot of the problem you are experiencing and send it to support@proz.com. Then submit a support request indicating you have done so and I will follow up with you individually.

Thanks,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The website isn't working properly

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search