Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:36
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 7, 2018

Hello

I recently updated my profile picture, and I uploaded both a rectangular and a square version. But now only the square version is used in e.g. the forums and as my profile picture, instead of the rectangular one. How can we fix this?

Samuel

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
2 photos? Mar 7, 2018

Remove/delete the square photo????

[Edited at 2018-03-07 11:47 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Robert Mar 7, 2018

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
Remove/delete the square photo????

The photo upload function gives me the option to upload an additional square version specifically for areas on the site where a square or round photo will be used, so it's not a mistake to upload two photos.

If you don't upload a square version, and if you select the option to use the rectangular photo for normal use, then ProZ.com's software squeezes the rectangular photo into a square for use in areas on the web site where a square or round photo is required:

squeezed

There is also the option to crop the rectangular photo online, but if you use that option, it just results in the rectangular photo being replaced by a cropped version of it for all uses on the site, which is not what I would want (otherwise why bother uploading a rectangular photo?).

[Edited at 2018-03-07 12:28 GMT]

Tatiana Dietrich
Tatiana Dietrich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:36
English to Danish
+ ...
If you prefer the rectangular version, only upload that one Apr 6, 2018

Dear Samuel,

As of now, rectangular pictures are not being forced to display as squares in any site area. If you prefer the rectangular version of your picture, just upload that one, do not crop it and do not upload a square version. If you do either of these two things, your rectangular picture will be overwritten, as square versions are prioritized over rectangular ones.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Tatiana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Force forum/profile to use rectangular photo

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »