I am living in Japan, then why it is showing My IP address from different country?
Thread poster: Saiwai Translation Services

Saiwai Translation Services  Identity Verified
India
Member (2005)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Jul 6, 2005

I am living in Japan, then why it is showing My IP address from different country?

How it can be changed?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-07-06 12:43]

Direct link Reply with quote

Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:55
Member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Proxy server Jul 6, 2005

Maybe your ISP is using a proxy server and "hiding" your actual IP address. Ask your ISP about this.

Mustafa Altinkaya
Local time: 21:55
English to Turkish
+ ...
IP range Jul 6, 2005

Block of (A Class, B Class, C class or subclasses) legitimate IP addresses are given to organisations/companies etc. Since there organisations are known, their geograffical locations are also known.
Most likely, the ISP which you are connected through is using IP ranges from a different IP block which is located other than Japan. Therefore, when you query you will see your IP identified in a different geograffical location.
If you want to change it, you may ask your ISP to provide a different legitimate IP geograffically belonging to Japan.

Good luck...

India
Member (2005)
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Rahi Jul 6, 2005

Rahi Moosavi wrote:

Maybe your ISP is using a proxy server and "hiding" your actual IP address. Ask your ISP about this.

India
Member (2005)
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Mustafa Jul 6, 2005

Mustafa Altinkaya wrote:

Block of (A Class, B Class, C class or subclasses) legitimate IP addresses are given to organisations/companies etc. Since there organisations are known, their geograffical locations are also known.
Most likely, the ISP which you are connected through is using IP ranges from a different IP block which is located other than Japan. Therefore, when you query you will see your IP identified in a different geograffical location.
If you want to change it, you may ask your ISP to provide a different legitimate IP geograffically belonging to Japan.

Good luck...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search