Portfolio: Not able to post my translation
Thread poster: Jasmin Carow

Jasmin Carow  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:10
Greek to German
+ ...
Aug 31, 2005

Hello,

I am trying to copy my Greek source text and my German translation in the Portfolio "masks". After doing so, I get the message "translation saved" and then this ist, what appears in my Portfolio:

Η πόλη της Κέρκυρας

διατηρεί σε μεγάλο βαθμό ανέπαφη τη βενετσιάνικη

Now, I try to copy an English text instead of a Greek one, but the same problem appears. Plus, the message: "Greek source text." Not: "English source text." What could possibly be the problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is weird Aug 31, 2005

Now this is weird, as the Greek text appears normally to me here in the support forum. In my initial posting I was able to see only numbers and symbols instead of the Greek text.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:10
English to Turkish
Support Request Aug 31, 2005

Hi Jasemi,

Your Portfolio page is indeed messed up. First, the source and target texts are normally supposed to appear side by side; and secondly, characters are corrupted in your case, except for the third box from above (in that one I can see the Greek characters).

Perhaps the best thing you could do is submit a Support Request here, that way you could have your problem solved the fastest.

HTH
Regards!

Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where shall I post the support request? Aug 31, 2005

[quote]Xola wrote:
Perhaps the best thing you could do is submit a Support Request here, that way you could have your problem solved the fastest.
[quote]

Hi Xola,

thank you very much for your reply.

Where am I supposed to post the support request? Here in this forum?

Regards
Jasemi

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:10
English to Turkish
No, no, in the link below Aug 31, 2005

I am quoting all previous messages so that you can see the link in this box, too. Below, what reads "Support Request here" in red is a link to the Support page. Click on it -> choose "Other" scrolling down the page -> choose "Staff only" in the new page, and describe your problem in the message window.

ADDing the link itself for your convenience: http://www.proz.com/support

Alternatively, you can click the "Support" link in the menu above (where you see Home / Kudoz .... Support, the last link to the right).

[quote]Jasemi wrote:

[quote]Xola wrote:

Hi Xola,

thank you very much for your reply.

Where am I supposed to post the support request? Here in this forum?

Regards
Jasemi

[Edited at 2005-08-31 16:21]

Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help! Aug 31, 2005

Xola wrote:

I am quoting all previous messages so that you can see the link in this box, too. Below, what reads "Support Request here" in red is a link to the Support page. Click on it -> choose "Other" scrolling down the page -> choose "Staff only" in the new page, and describe your problem in the message window.

Hi Xola,

thank you very much for your help. As a matter of fact, it was not the problem of recognizing the link you posted as a link, but finding and choosing "Other" and "Staff only". So, you helped me a lot, as I finally succeeded in submitting my support request.

Have a nice evening
Jasemi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Portfolio: Not able to post my translation

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search