https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/36570-duplicated_entry_after_making_an_addition_to_a_kudoz_posting.html

Duplicated entry after making an addition to a KudoZ posting
Thread poster: John Jory
John Jory
John Jory  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:08
English to German
+ ...
Sep 9, 2005

I believe this must be a bug:

13 minutes after adding a link to a KudoZ posting, I hit the "Refresh" button ("Neu laden" on my browser).
Bingo: the entry was duplicated.
See www.proz.com/kudoz/1134441

This has occasionally happened before, but today I found the possible cause.

Jason, can you check?

Greetings, John

[Edited at 2005-10-
... See more
I believe this must be a bug:

13 minutes after adding a link to a KudoZ posting, I hit the "Refresh" button ("Neu laden" on my browser).
Bingo: the entry was duplicated.
See www.proz.com/kudoz/1134441

This has occasionally happened before, but today I found the possible cause.

Jason, can you check?

Greetings, John

[Edited at 2005-10-12 11:50]
Collapse

Ken Cox
Ken Cox  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:08
German to English
+ ...
happens to me too... Sep 9, 2005

...and apparently others as well, but I assumed it was a feature of my browser (Opera) or maybe all browsers in general. AFAIK, if you make an entry and subsequently reload the page without first closing it, your entry will be posted again (I'm not sure if that's also true for peer comments, but I don't want to annoy questioners trying to find out).

Aren't computers fun?

@caduceus (X)
@caduceus (X)
United States
Local time: 12:08
English to German
+ ...
always happens when you refresh the page Sep 9, 2005

This has happened to me as well a few times before I finally got it figured out. And that's why I've learned to leave the page once I have added a note and then access the KudoZ question from the 'My KudoZ' tab again. The duplicate posting always seems to happen if you refresh the page after adding a note. I have never experienced this with peer comments, just the added notes feature (at least so far).

Sam Berner
Sam Berner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 04:08
Member (2003)
English to Arabic
+ ...
This refreshingly repeatable "Add Note" features Oct 12, 2005

We know they happen, but is anyone going to do anything about them?

If I post a question and someone answers, and I click on the link back to my question from the email I received, I go to the question all right, but there are no features for adding a note. To do that, I must navigate back to my question from my Proz home page>Your Kudoz>Asked and then click on the open question. I made the mistake of leaving the question page open and then re-freshed it.. ooops, there were my added
... See more
We know they happen, but is anyone going to do anything about them?

If I post a question and someone answers, and I click on the link back to my question from the email I received, I go to the question all right, but there are no features for adding a note. To do that, I must navigate back to my question from my Proz home page>Your Kudoz>Asked and then click on the open question. I made the mistake of leaving the question page open and then re-freshed it.. ooops, there were my added notes twice already.

I see it is happening to others, regadless to browser.. it is annoying to respondents. Can someone try and do something about it, pretty please?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Duplicated entry after making an addition to a KudoZ posting

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »