Availability "pop-up" is blocked by McAfee Spamkiller
Thread poster: gad
gad
United States
Local time: 11:35
French to English
Oct 5, 2005

When I try to set my availability, the small pop-up that appears to give me this option instead is blocked by my McAfee Spamkiller. Even if I turn off Spamkiller, this continues to happen. Any other suggestions to get around this? In the meantime, I have to set this from another computer, where this is not the case.

I also might mention that although my availability is supposed to be set for 24 hours, many times I have to re-set my availability within the same 24 hours period. Usually I have to do this 2 or 3 times. I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but I was under the impression that once I set this, it should stay for 24 hours.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:35
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
What browser do you use? Oct 5, 2005

Hi,
I don't know about IE, but e.g. in Mozilla there is a setting to kill pop-ups unless the site is on the approved list. Perhaps you need to check the settings in your browser.

I can't answer about the Availability timing - it seems to me that it is set for a whole week?

HTH,
Magda

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:35
Spanish
+ ...
Weekly availability Oct 5, 2005

Hello,

You're suppossed to update your availability every week, since you're a platinum member.

As for the pop-up, are you positive it's McAfee that's been blocking the pop-up?, I also have McAfee Spamkiller installed and never experienced that problem. Maybe it's you're browser or any other pop-up blocker you have installed in your computer.

Good luck,

Claudia

gad
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Internet Explorer 6.0 Oct 5, 2005

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

Hi,
I don't know about IE, but e.g. in Mozilla there is a setting to kill pop-ups unless the site is on the approved list. Perhaps you need to check the settings in your browser.

I can't answer about the Availability timing - it seems to me that it is set for a whole week?

HTH,
Magda

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had this happen on any other site. When the pop-up does appear, it actually says that it's a site blocked by McAfee Spamkiller. Not sure why, but it just started doing it within the past week or so.

gad
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
My availability doesn't even stay for 24 hours Oct 5, 2005

Caliaa wrote:

Hello,

You're suppossed to update your availability every week, since you're a platinum member.

As for the pop-up, are you positive it's McAfee that's been blocking the pop-up?, I also have McAfee Spamkiller installed and never experienced that problem. Maybe it's you're browser or any other pop-up blocker you have installed in your computer.

Good luck,

Claudia

I'm a Community Platinum member, so I think for me it's still just 24 hours, since I am not "full" Platinum. Either way, it doesn't even stay set for 24 hours, for some reason.

As far as the McAfee Spamkiller, the pop-up actually appears but says that it can not view the site because it's blocked by McAfee Spamkiller. It's strange, because I don't have that problem with any other pop-up, I didn't have that problem with this before just a few days ago or so, and I can't get rid of that message, no matter what I do.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Availability "pop-up" is blocked by McAfee Spamkiller

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search