Thread poster: Ann VDP
Ann VDP
Ann VDP
Local time: 16:06
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 7, 2002

Dear all,

I do no longer seem able to use TWindow for Powerpoint. Each time I click on a Trados function (open, help, ... ), I get an error message indicating some kind of \"automatisation eror\". I have no idea whether this has something to do with the 5.5 I downloaded, or perhaps with some of the new anti virus software I installed, but I haven\'t been able to use it for a quite a few months now. At first, I thought this problem was file related, but now it turns out that
... See more
Dear all,

I do no longer seem able to use TWindow for Powerpoint. Each time I click on a Trados function (open, help, ... ), I get an error message indicating some kind of \"automatisation eror\". I have no idea whether this has something to do with the 5.5 I downloaded, or perhaps with some of the new anti virus software I installed, but I haven\'t been able to use it for a quite a few months now. At first, I thought this problem was file related, but now it turns out that this problem occurs with any Powerpoint file (even with the old files I previously translated with TWindow), so it must be Trados itself - although all the other Trados functions seem to work just fine.

By the way, I use Windows Me and Office Professional 2000.

I already uninstalled Trados and installed it anew, but this didn\'t help much...

Does anyone have a clue what might be the problem?

I\'d appreciate your help; I have a 4000 words file in Powerpoint to translate before Tuesday 5 pm, so it is rather urgent...

Thanks in advance!

Kindest regards,

Anneken
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Perhaps this will help Jul 7, 2002

I had bad problems with TWindow for PowerPoint too.

After asking TRADOS for help, I get a message, that I should remove the following file from my PC:

PPT10.pcb

Powerpoint must not be running in this time.

After I removed the file, the problem was solved.

In case you do not have this file, the problem may be caused by missing fonts in PowerPoint. To solve this problem, open Powerpoint, go to menu \"Format\" and se
... See more
I had bad problems with TWindow for PowerPoint too.

After asking TRADOS for help, I get a message, that I should remove the following file from my PC:

PPT10.pcb

Powerpoint must not be running in this time.

After I removed the file, the problem was solved.

In case you do not have this file, the problem may be caused by missing fonts in PowerPoint. To solve this problem, open Powerpoint, go to menu \"Format\" and select \"Replace missing fonts\". This should help.

HTH

Jerzy

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with TWindow for Powerpoint

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »