Questions for ID and Cred. Verifications
Thread poster: Dina Abdo

Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 00:37
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
Oct 7, 2005

I wish to get my ID verified. I found in the FAQs that I may do so if met face to face with an authorized member or moderator, or through attending a pow-wow ... Does that include a face to face meeting on let's say MSN using my web cam? Is that possible?

Another question ... I had my accreditiation from an assosiaction listing its accredited members on its web site ... if my name is there, then shouldn't that be enough to verify my accreditation??!

Thank you all in advance


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:37
English to Chinese
+ ...
Possible Answers Oct 8, 2005

Dina Abdo wrote:

I wish to get my ID verified. I found in the FAQs that I may do so if met face to face with an authorized member or moderator, or through attending a pow-wow ... Does that include a face to face meeting on let's say MSN using my web cam? Is that possible?

Another question ... I had my accreditiation from an assosiaction listing its accredited members on its web site ... if my name is there, then shouldn't that be enough to verify my accreditation??!

Thank you all in advance


If you wish to get your ID verified thru a face to face meeting, you have to:

1. Meet that person who has the authority to verify your ID in person.
2. Show that person your photo ID that carries the same name as in your profile.
3. On your profile, display your true name (the same as one on your photo ID) for the verifier to see.
4. Go to VID application page and choose the appropriate option and send the message to the verifier you met in person.

If you use a verified Paypal account (account name is the same as in your profile) to pay for your platinum membership, actually you can get verified by proz site staff.

For your accreditation question, I think you have to get a certificate or something and send its photo to Proz.com staff and submit a support ticket to get verified.

Hope this anwser is of some use to you!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 00:37
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I already know that, but seeking other options here! Oct 8, 2005

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

If you wish to get your ID verified thru a face to face meeting, you have to:

1. Meet that person who has the authority to verify your ID in person.
2. Show that person your photo ID that carries the same name as in your profile.
3. On your profile, display your true name (the same as one on your photo ID) for the verifier to see.
4. Go to VID application page and choose the appropriate option and send the message to the verifier you met in person.

If you use a verified Paypal account (account name is the same as in your profile) to pay for your platinum membership, actually you can get verified by proz site staff.

For your accreditation question, I think you have to get a certificate or something and send its photo to Proz.com staff and submit a support ticket to get verified.

Hope this anwser is of some use to you!



I already knew all that Jianjun, and none of those is possible to me. First, there is no moderator I can meet with face to face in Palestine; simply because I couldn't find any residing in Palestine. And I'm not travelling soon, not with our borders closed for the next 6 months at least. So, I'll never reach your number 2, 3 and 4 steps.

I do have a Paypal account, with 0.00 credit right now I didn't use it in paying for my membership on Proz, so it's a bit too late

About accreditation, I also knew that. But I was asking that as long as it's listed on the web already, then why should I go through all that? Especially that getting a copy of it isn't that easy in the first place (location problem once again)

So, I'm saying that I found all you said in the FAQs already, but I'm seeking other options here

[Edited at 2005-10-08 12:30]

[Edited at 2005-10-08 14:07]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:37
English to Chinese
+ ...
If so... Oct 8, 2005

Dina Abdo wrote:

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

If you wish to get your ID verified thru a face to face meeting, you have to:

1. Meet that person who has the authority to verify your ID in person.
2. Show that person your photo ID that carries the same name as in your profile.
3. On your profile, display your true name (the same as one on your photo ID) for the verifier to see.
4. Go to VID application page and choose the appropriate option and send the message to the verifier you met in person.

If you use a verified Paypal account (account name is the same as in your profile) to pay for your platinum membership, actually you can get verified by proz site staff.

For your accreditation question, I think you have to get a certificate or something and send its photo to Proz.com staff and submit a support ticket to get verified.

Hope this anwser is of some use to you!



I already knew all that Jianjun, and none of those is possible to me. First, there is no moderator I can meet with face to face in Palestine; simply because I couldn't find any residing in Palestine. And I'm not travelling soon, not with our borders closed for the next 6 months at least. So, I'll never reach your number 2, 3 and 4 steps.

I do have a Paypal account, with 0.00 credit right now I didn't use it in paying for my membership on Proz, so it's a bit too late

About accreditation, I also knew that. But I was asking that as long as it's listed on the web already, then why should I go through all that? Especially that getting a copy of it isn't that easy in the first place (location problem once again)

So, I'm saying that I found all you said in the FAQs already, but I'm seeking other options here

[Edited at 2005-10-08 12:30]

[Edited at 2005-10-08 12:31]


I think you should raise your case by submitting a support ticket, as your case is unique and hopefully the site staff can work out some way for you. ÑãÖä ãÈÇÑß


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 00:37
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I guess I'll do that :) Oct 8, 2005

Jianjun Zhang wrote:


I think you should raise your case by submitting a support ticket, as your case is unique and hopefully the site staff can work out some way for you. ÑãÖÇä ãÈÇÑß


Thanks Jianjun, and ÑãÖÇä ßÑíã


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions for ID and Cred. Verifications

Advanced search






Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search