https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/38432-hi_i_cant_edit_%22your_proz_site%22_anymore.html

Hi, I can't edit "Your ProZ Site" anymore!
Thread poster: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:06
Italian to German
Oct 29, 2005

The text "Edit your site" on the left on my profile page has disappeared! What's happened?

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:06
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
Indeed, it's gone Oct 29, 2005

I saw this in the FAQ (http://www.proz.com/faq):

35. What happened to the "your site" feature?

The "your site" feature has been discontinued. Files that have already been uploaded using this feature are still available, but new files cannot be uploaded. For help removing files you have already uploaded, submit a support ticket.

Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:06
German to English
Para 35 of FAQ... Oct 29, 2005

...refers to fields of expertise.
I was wondering the same thing about site maintenance as I wanted to post a logo for a link...
What goes on???
DB

+++ sorry I understand now - but when was this carried out? It doesn't strike me as an improvement. Is an alternative being worked on.
DB

[Edited at 2005-10-29 20:43]

crisbiz
crisbiz
English to Italian
terrible! Oct 29, 2005

so the Translation Bloopers http://www.proz.com/home/20424/aut.html
are dead!

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Henry, Oct 31, 2005

I think it is an important feature for a translator to be able to link his/her profile page to several pages written in other languages with links to sites translated etc., like mine. As for the Translation blooper site, it's unique in its kind (except for one other, smaller, site in French and German) and it could attract people who read its URL and wonder what www.proz.com stands for.

In any case I think
... See more
I think it is an important feature for a translator to be able to link his/her profile page to several pages written in other languages with links to sites translated etc., like mine. As for the Translation blooper site, it's unique in its kind (except for one other, smaller, site in French and German) and it could attract people who read its URL and wonder what www.proz.com stands for.

In any case I think you ought to give us one last chance to add to each relevant Your ProZ site page the mention "not updated any longer" and a link to where it will be updated. But I need time to look for another host, so please wait with this chance...

[Edited at 2005-10-31 13:42]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hi, I can't edit "Your ProZ Site" anymore!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »