Thread poster: fcl

fcl
France
Local time: 15:49
German to French
+ ...
Oct 30, 2005

Hello,

Upgrading membership, first window, prices are in Euros. Next window, it converts to Dollars. Now VAT number was asked, meaning payment will be done in the Eurozone, right? Last window, payment window leaves me the choice to pay in Euros. Is it okay to pay in Euros so as to avoid unnecessary conversion fees from my bank?

TIA
François

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:49
SITE FOUNDER
Yes, you can Oct 30, 2005

François Liger wrote:

Hello,

Upgrading membership, first window, prices are in Euros. Next window, it converts to Dollars. Now VAT number was asked, meaning payment will be done in the Eurozone, right? Last window, payment window leaves me the choice to pay in Euros. Is it okay to pay in Euros so as to avoid unnecessary conversion fees from my bank?

Yes, you can wire to the account in Germany and save on fees. Thanks for your support and welcome as a member.

Henry

fcl
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Credit card, no transfer, still OK ? Oct 30, 2005

Thank you Henry for your prompt reply and for your welcoming.

Henry wrote:

Yes, you can wire to the account in Germany and save on fees. Thanks for your support and welcome as a member.

Henry

Rather a Visa card payment not a bank transfer. Still all right?

By the way, if you care looking at my recent Blueboard activity history, you will understand the reason of the move. Thanks again.

François

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 09:49
SITE FOUNDER
Unfortunately, no Oct 31, 2005

Francois Liger wrote:

Rather a Visa card payment not a bank transfer. Still all right?

If you are asking whether it is possible to pay in euros by credit card, unfortunately it is not at the moment. I will write offline with some information... thanks again!

fcl
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank You! Oct 31, 2005

Henry wrote:

If you are asking whether it is possible to pay in euros by credit card, unfortunately it is not at the moment. I will write offline with some information... thanks again!

OK, no problem.
Now please note that it is not ProZ which I distrust, but banks, which often have a quite unpredicable response (read: pricing) to international exchanges...

Best regards,
François

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Membership payment: which currency?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search