Unable to open availability link.
Thread poster: mónica alfonso

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:17
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 23, 2005

I have bought a new PC lately (Windows XP, Office 2000) and have had many protection features installed there.
Since then, I have not been able to open the link to change my status into 'Available'. Probably there is some security function preventing this window from opening, but I cannot find out which/where it is...
Help!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 12:17
German
+ ...
Use Opera instead Nov 23, 2005

Hi Monica,

sounds like you're having trouble with the pop-up blocker of your pre-installed Microsoft Internet Explorer browser. I recommend you switch to Opera ( http://www.opera.com/ ) - I've been using it for years and I'd never go back.

It's easy to get started with the basic features that Opera shares with any other Web browser, but for some tutorials on the more advanced uses of the program I recommend the site http://operalover.tntluoma.com/ (use the navigation on the right of that page.)

HTH,
Benjamin

(I just love the ancient phpbb version the proz.com fora are using, Jason...)

[Edited at 2005-11-23 19:44]

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:17
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well... Nov 23, 2005

tectranslate wrote:

I recommend you switch to Opera ( http://www.opera.com/ ) - I've been using it for years and I'd never go back.

I do not recall having asked about a different browser option (Thanks anyway for your suggestion).

I just wanted to figure out what function I had to change in mine to make it do its job.
The problem was not in pop-up windows but in Toolbars: they were blocked. Luckily, I found that myself.

Hope Opera goes on working for you as satisfactorily as MS Explorer does for me,

Regards,

Mónica

[Edited at 2005-11-23 21:33]

[Edited at 2005-11-23 21:34]

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:17
English to German
+ ...
JavaScript? Nov 23, 2005

I am not sure but could you check if JavaScript is deactivated in your browser?

I don't use IE, so I can't give you any hints on where to look.

Good luck,

Sonja

P.S. Sorry, just realized that you solved the problem yourself.

[Edited at 2005-11-23 21:52]

Eva Ballentine  Identity Verified
Hungarian to English
+ ...
I hope this helps... Nov 26, 2005

Monica: Every browser (I use Netscape) have security settings. Recently I had to reconfigure my mother in law's Explorer. Explorer defaults id no pop-up windows, no java script, etc.
On the Tools drop-down menu choose Pop-up Blocker Settings. If you want to see pop-up windows from a specific Web site, type the address (or URL) of the site in the Address of Web site to allow box, and then click Add.

Good luck,
Eva

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open availability link.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search