Something strange while posting a job !
Thread poster: Ziad Marzouka

Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:47
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 22, 2005

Hello,
I have just posted a job for the first time on Proz.com, and surprisingly, if you click on the job you will see the Historical LWA Average of someone else! that has a 1/5 blue board rating!!! Now noone would quote on my project! I really have no idea how this happened!! I am really mad now!
You can check the job at
http://www.proz.com/job/95041

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:47
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Link already noticed and removed Dec 22, 2005

Hello Ziad,

I have no idea how that link was established, either, but I removed it immediately, as soon as I found it. Because this looks like a site programming error, may I recommend that you submit a support request explaining what happened?

Yolanda Broad
Jobs Moderator

Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 22, 2005

Thank you Yolanda! It looks ok now. I have just sent a support request. I hope it won't happen againicon_smile.gif

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I appologise Dec 22, 2005

the link was created automatically by Proz software on bases of similarities in the names. It happens not often, but it happens. As your job didn't require vetting, so it went. It is corrected now. OTOH, jobs that do require vetting, are scrutinized close enough.

Uldis

Ziad Marzouka wrote:

Hello,
I have just posted a job for the first time on Proz.com, and surprisingly, if you click on the job you will see the Historical LWA Average of someone else! that has a 1/5 blue board rating!!! Now noone would quote on my project! I really have no idea how this happened!! I am really mad now!
You can check the job at
http://www.proz.com/job/95041

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:47
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Please contact a BB /Jobs moderator directly next time Dec 23, 2005

Hi Ziad,

I am happy the case was solved quickly and have nothing to add in this respect.

In case you need assistance for the Blue Board and Jobs Area (and any member who does of course!) please contact one BB / Jobs moderator next time. We do read threads, but private messages might be noticed and read before notifications for new threads and/or new postings in a thread.

You can find us here

www.proz.com/index.php3?sp=mod/list&show_mode=jobs_mods

Thank you,

Giuliana

[Edited at 2005-12-23 06:04]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:47
English to German
+ ...
Check who's online Dec 23, 2005

Hi all,
Ziad sent me a message through my profile - however, I had already gone to bed by that time...

Check the online indicator (the green "P" in front of the name) before sending off a message that needs urgent attention.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Something strange while posting a job !

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search