Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova

Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:54
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 24, 2006

I am having this problem for 10 days already. Support ticket I've submitted has only one reply - "referred to a developer". Since then I am only posting new messages each time I see a job, for which I haven't received a notification.
No reply from support.

P.S. I am attentively checking if I am receiving KudoZ notifications and Forum updates, for which I am subscribed. Everything's ok with them. Only jobs is the problem.

Direct link Reply with quote

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:54
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Please double check your settings Jan 24, 2006

Double check your settings in the "Jobs Dashboard": "http://www.proz.com/?sp=dashboard&sp_mode=jobs

You can also reach this dashboard via the dropdown menus under "Jobs" in the bar at the top of your screen.

If your settings are alright (i.e., notifications are set to "on" and "immediate alerts," but you are still not receiving job notifications, please do contact support again.

Yolanda Broad
ProZ.com Moderator

Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok. Jan 24, 2006

They are ok, and were ok when all this started. I have cheked them 2 times during these 10 days.

Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:54
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
IP spam filter? Jan 24, 2006

Hello,

this happened to me a few weeks ago. I suddenly stopped receiving jon notifications despite settings being ok and reading on the job page that I had been sent e-mails.
I opened a support ticket and proz staff suggested to check my IP spam filter settings.
Sure enough, when I looked at my mailbox directly via the web (not through Outlook), all job notifications had been sent to the spam folder.
Following the support ticket suggestions I contacted my provider forwarding message headers and informed them that these should not be filtered as spam.
After a couple of days (super rapid for Italy!) I received an e-mail from the IP customer service and job notifcations were back to normal.

I hope this helps, ciao D.

xxxMihai Badea  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Have you checked “My Notifications”? Jan 24, 2006

Natalya, have you checked if the job notifications had been actually sent to you? You can do that on the My notifications page (under My Proz.com). If they were sent to you by the system and you didn’t receive them, then Daniela’s assumption may be correct. Otherwise, there may be something wrong with the notification system and it's only the technical staff who can help you.

[Edited at 2006-01-24 19:04]

Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jan 24, 2006

Daniela,

The problem is that I was receiving some jobs notifications (unluckily mostly the most uninteresting), but some were missed.
So as far as I understand they couldn't be filtered out if at least some messages are received from the same address.

Mihai,

I asked support only about those jobs, which pages say "The e-mail notification has been sent to you", so...

It looks like the problem has been solved (or it has solved itself), since today I have received all job notifications except for the first one, which has been delivered with 1.5 hour delay.

[Edited at 2006-01-24 19:22]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selectively receiving job notifications

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search