https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/42771-translator_search.html

Translator search
Thread poster: Ivona Tillett
Ivona Tillett
Ivona Tillett
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:18
English to Romanian
+ ...
Feb 18, 2006

I am trying to search translators using the country of residence option. It doesn't seem to work. For example, if I search English to Portughese in the UK, the first 6 results are not from the UK. However, the native language option works.

Alina Matei
Alina Matei  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:48
English to Romanian
+ ...
True Feb 18, 2006

The 'new' search results are not sorted by relevance to our search criteria. (It never used to be like this)

Maybe the 'techies' could take a look at this. It is mildly annoying.

sarahl (X)
sarahl (X)
Local time: 01:18
English to French
+ ...
Agree Feb 19, 2006

Also, I tried interpreter search, and I got a lot of names that were really translators.

Could the staff please fix this?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »